Burning pauses and then continues

Not_Over

Hello,

Sometimes when I'm burning files or folders*** in Build mode (.avi videos for example) the burning speed starts to decrease till it reaches 0x. At this point if I move my mouse the burning process continues (the speed increases back to 4x), but also I think that if I don't do anything the burning starts again after some time*. The burning process sometimes pauses like 3 times and this causes the burning to take much more time. I haven't noticed any pauses when ImgBurn is verifying the files.

The interesting thing is that the verification does not find errors and neither do I since all the videos** are playable and don't seem to have any lapses. Can you tell me why this is happening?

*because sometimes when I get back to the PC I see the speed increasing from like 1x to 4x when there has been burned more than 50% of the files.

** when I burn other things like .rar/.zip files or any other files I find no errors or problems with them.

*** When I burn DVD's I leave my PC alone. I even disconnect the internet and close any program that might "steal" resources from ImgBurn.

Drive: LG GH22NP20

Firmware version: 2.00 (the latest according to the updater which supports Windows 7)

DVD's used: DVD-+R Verbatim

Thank you for your help

ImgBurn1.log

Edited by Not_Over

W 20:36:56 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 711360)

W 20:37:15 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

Your hard disk can't feed the burner fast enough.

But that's weird... I have the same PC since May and this only started to happen weeks ago. Is there anything that can be interfering?

Perhaps the hard disk is stuck in PIO mode instead of DMA mode.

http://club.myce.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

I followed the guide for Vista (since I have Windows 7) but when I get to "Advanced Settings" in the "ATA Channel 0 Properties" I have absolutely nothing on "Devices", it's empty.

Also, when is the last time you defragged the HDD?

I have a program that keeps defragging my hard disk whenever it is idle. So I don't think that's the problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.