Pandora

Movie Junkie

Hmm... not much as it doesn't provide a great deal when you compare it to Shoutcast (which is free). Not only doesn't the home page function correctly using Opera (contrary to popular belief, the world doesn't revolve around Windows and Internet Explorer) but I can't really see the point to it all.

Also, it's only for U.S. subscribers and you need to disable popup killers to access your "radio station".

Sure, the idea has some merit but am I willing to part with my cash as well as my personal details to aid the collection of identifiable data, the logging of my contacts and my demographic? Nope. Gimme Shoutcast and an XBox anyday.

<opinion mode off>

BTW, I'm listening to Shoutcast atm using WinAmp v2.91. This station actually. :)

http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-pl...le=filename.pls

You've not heard of Shoutcast? Yer kidding. :) It's been around for quite a while now. There's a few little things to look for like the amount of users on the channels as well as their downstream speed. Both affect your listening experience thingy. Also, unless you get a fast station (like ChroniX Aggression where the speed is always good), you might want to look for a better program than my old WinAmp. Specifically, something that you can adjust the buffer size with to allow for seamless play.

Shoutcast is the original Internet music streaming - and still one of the best for free Internet music.

Another good site for free Internet music radio is www.tuner2.com which features better sound quality using the new AAC+ codec that is included with the more recent versions of Winamp.

Hmm... not much as it doesn't provide a great deal when you compare it to Shoutcast (which is free). Not only doesn't the home page function correctly using Opera (contrary to popular belief, the world doesn't revolve around Windows and Internet Explorer) but I can't really see the point to it all.
I've never tried Shoutcast (I will take a look at it.) so I can't dispute what you've said about comparing it but I am using Firefox with it and am having no problems.

Also, it's only for U.S. subscribers and you need to disable popup killers to access your "radio station".
I have popups blocked and can access my stations.

Sure, the idea has some merit but am I willing to part with my cash...
The site is free unless you want to subscribe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.