ImgBurn Error

Sewer Waste

Well trying to burn a modded xbox360 game file to a Memorex x8 Dual Layer 8.5g DVD disc. At the bottom when I insert a disc into my computer it says "Logical Unit is in process of becoming ready". Then shortly after it says "Medium not Present". I will give you my driver information and can you guys tell me what a solution is to this? I'm not exactly sure why its not working, could be that my DVD drive dones't have the capabillity to burn DL discs.

DVD Driver: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E113(ATA)

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/Gostangly/ImgBurnerror.jpg

Can anybody help me out with some links to scan and se if my driver is up to date as well as I'm using the right discs? Thanks in advance.

Your burner supports burning dual-layer media. You could try with the Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL blanks or invest in a new burner.

If it supports DL burning, why am I getting that error? It's not recognizing the media I have it. Is there any other variations I could try besides buying new discs? Might try and use a friends DVD Burner since his computer is only a month or 2 old. But would still enjoy being able to get it to work on my computer with my burner. Not sure if BestBuy will let me return opened unrewritable DL discs... You know what I mean?

If you switch to read mode, can it show the disc info then?

Heres my log:

I 14:13:40 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:13:40 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:13:40 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,620 KB - Available: 481,288 KB

I 14:13:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:13:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:13:40 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD±RW!

I don't have a dual layer disc burned yet, so reading it just shows nothing...

Your drive isn't recognising the new dual-layer media, maybe because it's too old and doesn't have support for it. You could try with the Verbatim 2.4x blanks which have been around since forever or you'll need to buy a new burner.

Your drive isn't recognising the new dual-layer media, maybe because it's too old and doesn't have support for it. You could try with the Verbatim 2.4x blanks which have been around since forever or you'll need to buy a new burner.

Ok, will try to get it to work on another burner, either my friends or familys...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.