Burning Audio CDs - V2.5

tjbridge

ImgBurn uses DirectShow for decoding audio files, so there's some filter on your system that isn't playing nice. Does it hang right away or when it's decoding a particular mp3 file? You could use Graphedit to render your files and find out which filter isn't working, but if you have installed any kind of codec pack then you already know what could be causing this problem.

ImgBurn uses DirectShow for decoding audio files, so there's some filter on your system that isn't playing nice. Does it hang right away or when it's decoding a particular mp3 file? You could use Graphedit to render your files and find out which filter isn't working, but if you have installed any kind of codec pack then you already know what could be causing this problem.

It hangs right away when you click ok after you have selected the mp3/s.

Should I install DirectShow? Is it not included when I install ImgBurn?

I have no idea what filter you are talking about. There are so many DirectShow and hundreds/thousands of filters installed in my laptop when I look at my preferences > filters using KMPlayer.

You could use Graphedit to render your files and find out which filter isn't working, but if you have installed any kind of codec pack then you already know what could be causing this problem.

You could use Graphedit to render your files and find out which filter isn't working, but if you have installed any kind of codec pack then you already know what could be causing this problem.

I tried the graph edit, but the application also crashed when i open the .mp3 files from that album. I tried using .mp3 from other albums, it does not hang anymore. I wonder what's causing the error. It is because of the type of .mp3 file? Using MEDIA info, here is the info i got.

1)WITH ERROR:

Format : MPEG Audio

File size : 3.62 MiB

Duration : 3mn 57s

Overall bit rate : 128 Kbps

Album : Para Lang Sa 'Yo

Track name : Sana Di Puro Lang Sana

Performer : Aiza Seguera

Genre : Ballad

Recorded date : 2007

Comment : Created by Free CD Ripper !

Format version : Version 1

Format profile : Layer 3

Duration : 3mn 57s

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 128 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz

Resolution : 16 bits

Stream size : 3.62 MiB (100%)

2)NO ERROR:

File size : 3.57 MiB

Duration : 3mn 53s

Overall bit rate : 128 Kbps

Performer : [ www.wkd-sounds.co.nr ]

Format version : Version 1

Format profile : Layer 3

Format_Settings_Mode : Joint stereo / MS Stereo

Duration : 3mn 53s

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 128 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz

Resolution : 16 bits

Stream size : 3.57 MiB (100%)

Edited by tjbridge

DirectShow Filter manager can be used to enable/disable filters (or rather change their 'Merit' so they're used or not used).

http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm

Can you right click on that filter and bring up any properties / about box at all? Maybe then it'll tell you exactly what it is - chances are that it's already the standard filter and that should be fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.