Non supporting BD-R DL 50 GB on Pioneer BDR-205?

toshik

Ok, my last attempt with a different media:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unique Disc Identifier : [bD-R-DL:TDKBLD-RFB-000]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disc Type : [bD-R DL : Class 0 - Version 1]

Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]

Manufacturer ID : [TDKBLD]

Media Type ID : [RFB]

Product Revision : [000]

Stamper Date : [Not Present On Disc]

Layer Info : [2 Layers (L0-L1) : 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB) Per Layer]

Blank Disc Capacity : [24,438,784 Sectors = 50.05 GB (46.61 GiB)]

Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x]

Well, it's quite limited supply of different brands of BD DL media here in the States (I'm sure that in UK one can just go to the store and buy any brand he'd like).

Now it's proven for two major brands.

I beleive that 7 Verbatim and 1 TDK coasters are a rock solid proof of that.

This time 60% failure.

BDProblem12.jpg

Edited by toshik

You're kidding, right?! The US gets just about everything before the UK does. Retail stores have always had rubbish selections of media compared to online ones.

It's only 'official' in your own little world!

These posts clearly show BD-R DL being burnt using ImgBurn, and they have no problems.

http://club.myce.com/f142/pioneer-bdr-205bk-303237/#post2460031

http://club.myce.com/f142/pioneer-bdr-205bk-303237/#post2462542

http://club.myce.com/f142/pioneer-bdr-205bk-303237/#post2468486

I don't code for specific drives, let alone specific firmware versions - that's the whole point of 'standards' (in this case, the MMC standards).

If I was so inclined, I'd splash out £200 on a drive and media just to prove you wrong - but I'm not, so I won't.

Yes I admit: I have nothing better to do than making all this up, buying Pioneer BDR-205 drive and enclosure, 10 Verbatim BD-R disks, 10 TDK BD-R disks, 5 TDK BD-RE disks.

Putting it all together, spending time burning (1 hour+ for each disk), killing 8 BD-R disks, getting a replacement BDR-205, spending hours on hold with Pionner "tech support", saving and posting here all screenshots and logs...

All I needed here was some help and I was trying to provide as much info as I could, not simply saying: "it does not burn - help" :-(

You say Imageburn must burn them - fine, Pioneer say BDR-205 must burn them - fine. The results are somewhat different.

I never said you were making it up, clearly *you* are having problems.

The problems you're having are not shared by everyone in the world so you can't call anything 'official'. (and of course 'official' stuff would have to come from me)

What you have to understand is that all burning programs have to do is provide a drive with data. The drive is in total control of laser power and everything else that's even remotely technical.

It's like me giving you a bottle of car shampoo and you then applying it with a rock. It's not my fault you used a rock and killed the paint job on your car, I simply gave you the shampoo.

The problems you're facing are totally out of my hands. If I could help, I would.

Are you quite sure that you got a new drive back from Pioneer when you sent it off?

Out of interest, what write speed did you select when burning the TDK disc?

It could be worth a shot trying the drive when it's installed properly into a desktop pc with a direct connection to the motherboard and a proper power supply. Of course if you only have access to a laptop then you can't do that.

Well, as you said before, not too many people in the world burn the BD-R DL media yet.

I never burned any of BD disks faster than 2x speed. I did not set it I guess the program defaults to it.

Yes it's a totally different drive - date of manufacture and s/n.

At this point I can be looking at anything from using different enclosure/drive to using a different computer.

But it's totally outside the "support" it's rather finding another solution to the problem.

Bottom line is that unfortunately you have no more suggestions for me at this point and getting help from Pioneer is similar to beating on the dead horse :-)

Edited by toshik

The truth is out there© or the happy end.

As I mentioned before I was pretty confident in both Imageburn program and Pioneer hardware.

My media came from the same source in Japan and all disks except for TDK BD-RE were repacked (were not in the original jewel cases or sealed box).

As soon as I got the sealed box of jeweled cases of the same exact Verbatim BR-R DL media from another source all my problems were history!

BTW the disks look, feel and display the same exact info.

The only difference is that the good disks for some reason take about 1:20 to burn 43 Gb image, while the bad ones claim only 1:10.

Bottom line: Imagburn is the best CD-DVD-BD burning program in the world so far, Pioneer BDR-205 is a fine piece of hardware as well :-)

Edited by toshik

• 6 months later...

I thought you might have tried to get some of the media the Pioneer person specifically mentioned?

i.e.

MEI RB1-000 - 12x,8x,6x,4x,2x

MEI T01-000 - 4x,2x

MEI T01-001 - 2x

MEI T02-000 - 8x,6x,4x,2x

are any of these bd-re dl?

the Panasonic I have it MEI-T01-01 2x so i guess thast the same as the one ending 001 you have listed there and funy Pioneer rcommends those when thats the one not working for me and looks like others reported the same.

still i have not got any reply from you or anyone else on any of the threads I posted about this Internal Target error)

i'm hoping its just a bad bd-re dl but i'm still afraid to risk a non re dl disc but with no other answer or knowing of anythign is hould be doing or changing or updating etc. i figure I mine as well try it, then at least I'll know my burner can't do dl discs or something right now till i fix somerthing

i have successfuly burned a dl before awhile back but I think i kind of do remember it getting the clicking at the end and taking a long time but then finishes and in standalone player it didn't read it at first or didn't play but then i hit something and got it to start so while a bit shaky I have at least burned a dl at least once that worked even if it did seem to have a glitch when I first put it in.

that makes me think something is wrong with my burner or setup for doing dl discs in general. and i guess the mei-t01-01 is just even worse.

I've read some stuff about the Pioneer BDR-205 having trouble wiht dl's or thinking its not capable of dl's or stuff like but never really saw how to fix it or what to look for.

The truth is out there© or the happy end.

As I mentioned before I was pretty confident in both Imageburn program and Pioneer hardware.

My media came from the same source in Japan and all disks except for TDK BD-RE were repacked (were not in the original jewel cases or sealed box).

As soon as I got the sealed box of jeweled cases of the same exact Verbatim BR-R DL media from another source all my problems were history!

BTW the disks look, feel and display the same exact info.

The only difference is that the good disks for some reason take about 1:20 to burn 43 Gb image, while the bad ones claim only 1:10.

Bottom line: Imagburn is the best CD-DVD-BD burning program in the world so far, Pioneer BDR-205 is a fine piece of hardware as well :-)

My Panasonic BD-RE DL with media id: MEI-T01-01 was fully wrapped and sealed but still didn't work

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.