Anyone familiar with "Outside In?"

dbminter

I was sitting here, working away on the latest problem to deal with on the computer. And, imagine my surprise when this box pops up and starts scrolling through a list of DLL's! :o It didn't show up for long, and, I've no idea what triggered it... which worries me! It appeared to be an installer and the box itself had a logo for something called "Outside In." Now, THERE'S a name I don't like. :) Anyone have any idea what this might have been that ran?

I was sitting here, working away on the latest problem to deal with on the computer. And, imagine my surprise when this box pops up and starts scrolling through a list of DLL's! :o It didn't show up for long, and, I've no idea what triggered it... which worries me! It appeared to be an installer and the box itself had a logo for something called "Outside In." Now, THERE'S a name I don't like. :) Anyone have any idea what this might have been that ran?

That would make me highly nervous. Did you run a virusscan or ad-aware scan? julli-huh2.gif

Of course. Got nothing returned, as expected. IF it is some kind of infection, then, any attempts I make to find it will not bear fruit. :lol: So, I need independent information.

Very weird. And of course you weren't installing anything or hadn't moment b4. :o

I'm so used to my PC doing goofy shit I hardly notice anymore. Sometimes I'm roused to curiosity to check Event Viewer so I can be told absolutely nothing informative but as long as the machine keeps on running...

I'm more annoyed over the fact that the latest Quake4 update has seriously screwed something up. They decided to reprogram it to take advantage of HT/dual core processors....and trashed it. julli-rasende.gif

Probably hired a new manager from Microsoft....

Edited by Pain_Man

Never heard of it. Knowing the actual process name would help alot........ if you can replicate it.

Hopefully, for minty's sake, it's not an intermittant problem. I hate intermittant failures. I've had to deal with them on both the software and hardware levels.

Major league pain in the ass--especially when the computer goes into a military radar or missile system and they're breathing down your neck demanding to know exactly what the problem is.

I learned quickly not to bother giving them to one of the engineers or repair techs. The answer was almost always, "We don't know, the board [computer] just fails every so often. It's passing the diagnostics. No we can't explain it." I can say that. And it saved the engineers from snarling at me. Also helped me to get them to do me favors when I did have a really heavy problem that needed extra attention.

The animation bit shouldn't be too tricky if its from a film - digi used to make his own didn't he ? Also Mig$y is shit hot at Avatars, he might help you out - please don't tell me there is a 3-d version tho !! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.