Still getting skipping dvds

JPadberg

Long story short,

bought 123dvd copy gold and it kept producing copies of dvds that skip in my Phillips dvd player but work fine in my PS3. I downloaded Imgburn per their forum support, fooled around with changing write speed from some of their suggestions and still every copy skips.

I'm using windows XP Home edition, my burner is a HP DVD Writer 1040d vEH23, and I'm using Sony DVD+R disks.

I've made copies using the same equipment and disks but with the trial version of DVDfab and the copy turned out fine.

Any help would be much apreciated I'd hate to find out I wasted alot of time and money on a program I can't use.

Edited by JPadberg

One adds and the other takes away :P

There's just 2 different 'formats'.

Both were released around the same time and were competing against eachother - only nobody really won the DVD format war (unlike the previous VHS / BETAMAX video war) and so now we have two formats.

If you want to use DVD+R discs, buy Verbatim.

If you want to use DVD-R discs, buy Taiyo Yuden.

But really, Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden for either format will do - they're by far the best.

Don't burn at 'MAX' speed either, try 8x or something.

One adds and the other takes away :P

There's just 2 different 'formats'.

Both were released around the same time and were competing against eachother - only nobody really won the DVD format war (unlike the previous VHS / BETAMAX video war) and so now we have two formats.

If you want to use DVD+R discs, buy Verbatim.

If you want to use DVD-R discs, buy Taiyo Yuden.

But really, Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden for either format will do - they're by far the best.

Don't burn at 'MAX' speed either, try 8x or something.

I've tried every speed available but they all have the same results. I've used these same discs with a different burn program and had no issues.That tells me my discs are fine. The only setting I've been changing is the write speed are there any other settings I could try?

The 'Incremental' write type one I guess.

Do you verify your burns? If so, do they pass ok? If not, start doing so.

Burn quality is a drive issue and skipping is generally caused by 'hard to read' discs.

You shouldn't have to touch anything to make your drive work and during the actual burn, all a program does is stream data to the drive.

If you come back with another 'nope, same problem' type response, please post the full log from a burn + verify operation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.