ImgBurn toolbar fix

DexVegas

If there is a box to uncheck to stop toolbar install, I could not find it. My firewall stopped access by ask (after hitting install button) and task manager ended the install before it could continue. Very sad ImgBurn has had to resort to this. Take a look at IrfanView, he uses a dedicated page to inform the user of third party installs and a clear means to refuse them. If the ImgBurn author really has put this functionality in the installer, please write a sticky tutorial on how to refuse the toolbar install. All the locked threads smell fishy.

To avoid the ask install, I used 7zip to 'Open Archive' then extracted ImgBurn.exe, ImgBurnPreview.exe, ReadMe.txt, and the Sounds folder, Cut and pasted them into my ImgBurn install folder, overwriting the old ones. Seems to work just fine.

ImgBurn is too good a software to end up in the adware/malware trash heap.

Oh yeah, it's completely hidden from the user, even I had problems finding it :rolleyes:

DD2SE.png

By the way, you can uninstall the Ask toolbar using Add/Remove Programs (Windows 2000/XP/2003) or Program and Features (Vista/7/2008), both found in Control Panel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.