[Suggestion] Warn when creating non-Red Book compliant cue sheets

Grigor

A couple days ago I was attempting to make a CD involving some sound effects. Some tracks were long, while others were very short. I got through creating the cue sheet just fine, but when I attempted to burn the disk imgburn gave me a very unhelpful error that said basically "unable to send cue sheet, invalid parameter." (what parameter was invalid? It didn't say) I was stumped by this for the rest of the day, but finally realized after some research that the Red Book audio CD standard sets a minimum track length of 4 seconds. The solution then, was easy: I just fired up Audacity and added silence to the tracks that were shorter than 4 seconds (which makes me wish Audacity was script-able, but...). My suggestion is to add more helpful warnings before creating a cue sheet that fails to meet Red Book standards. Something along the lines of this would be helpful:

NOTICE

You are about to create a cue sheet that fails to meet the following Red Book audio CD standard(s):

-A track is less than the minimum length of 4 seconds.

Sending this cue sheet to the CD drive will likely fail. Continue creating this cue sheet?

(Yes/No)

Something along these lines would hopefully make running into this error more graceful. Thanks! :)

EDIT: An alternative way to do this would be displaying the incorrect parameter in the cue sheet (what, exactly, is wrong with it) when displaying the unable to send cue sheet error.

Edited by Grigor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.