Option to NOT finalize

Hi all

I sometimes want a burned DVD to allow for more files to be added to that particular disk but I understand you cant do that with ImgBurn. I'm surpirised that option is not availalbe given the quailty of this program.

How about implementing it?..please. pretty please...

It would be a good addition to the arsenal. I need that option a lot.

Thx

The thing you want is called multisession and that's something ImgBurn doesn't support.

Finalising or not finalising makes no difference if the program doesn't support multisession.

I'm sure I'll get round to adding multisession support one day, but it's not something I want/need and will therefore keep being pushed back on my 'ToDo' list.

ImgBurn is one of a very few burning programs that's actually all its (my) own code. Most the others (especially freeware ones) are just a GUI around a common burning library (a DLL file made by another company).

Oh what a shame. Oh well, maybe one day. It is a great program though and you have done extremely well to bring it to this point. Its really well crafted.

Thx for all your efforts anyway

Cheers

Geoff

The thing you want is called multisession and that's something ImgBurn doesn't support.

Finalising or not finalising makes no difference if the program doesn't support multisession.

I'm sure I'll get round to adding multisession support one day, but it's not something I want/need and will therefore keep being pushed back on my 'ToDo' list.

ImgBurn is one of a very few burning programs that's actually all its (my) own code. Most the others (especially freeware ones) are just a GUI around a common burning library (a DLL file made by another company).

• 2 weeks later...

Grateful if you could clarify this. In ImgBurn 2.5.1 under Tools-Settings there is a setting which can be selected or deselected. It is called "Enable Burn proof". I am under the impression that if this is unticked it allows more files to be added. Have I understood it incorrectly? And by all counts ImgBurn is an outstanding program

That option will not do what you want.

Enable BURN-Proof

The BURN-Proof technology allows you to avoid buffer under runs by suspending and restarting the write process when the recorder's buffer is about to empty.

This is for situations where your computer is unable to send data to the drive quickly enough to keep the buffer full. It will not help you if your computer loses power, your software crashes, your media is of poor quality, or you smack the drive hard enough to disrupt the recording process. Nearly all CD/DVD recorders announced in or after 2001 features some variation of the buffer under run protection.

Ideally, the results of interrupted and uninterrupted writes would be identical. In practice, there may be a small glitch at the point where writing was suspended. The general consensus is that these technologies are effective and do not result in noticeable glitches.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.