Write speed cannot select blu-ray

graham162

Hi. Just used DVDFab to make backup of Blu-Ray disk (BD-R DL). Selected x2 speed with DVDFab. Imgburn then offered me x12 or x6 , slowest, fastest or recommended. The disk is 1-2x . How can I make it burn at x2 ? If I select x6 I am sure the drive will burn at its max speed of x4, too fast for my media. Want to get this right coz the disks are 10GBP a shot. Thanks.

Edited by graham162

You can't burn at a speed your drive/discs don't support, it's impossible.

Sure, you can ask a drive to burn at 100x but if the firmware knows it only supports the MID at 2x and 4x then it'll burn at 4x.

I don't know how DVDFab links into ImgBurn with regard to write speed. My advice would be to just use ImgBurn in standalone form. Point it to what you want to burn and set the speed within ImgBurn itself.

Thanks for fast reply and advice ! I appreciate drive speeds. The GGWH20L does support x2 (CLV) and x4 for BD-R DL. After the image was created, DVDFab opens Imgburn and a menu comes up with x6, x12, recommended, slowest and fastest options. I think this menu is from Imgburn. So maybe I could select recommended ? I am not sure how to do the burn independently from DVDFab. There is a BDMV and Certificate folder created in a file on the HD. Sorry if this is very basic question.

OK thanks. I will try to find out what DVDFab is doing then. I will check out your link as well. I also note

that BD-R DL 50GB is available in 4x so I can get round the problem if unsolved. I am totally impressed with your speed of reply and will make a donation !!

Oops, ignore that last link. It was the top result on Google but the pages it links to don't all work now!

Try this one instead - http://club.myce.com/f116/setting-up-imgburn-dvdfab-work-together-300446/

Of course all you really need to do (by the look of it anyway) is tell DVDFab to use the 'Recommended' write speed. DVDFab will then tell ImgBurn to use the 'AWS' speed and you can configure the 'Automatic Write Speed' feature by following the guide in the Guides forum.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4249

Well not by choice I ended up burning a Verbatim BD-R DL 50GB 1-2x at 4x and (whoopee ! ) it worked just fine.

So it is possible to create a playable disk burning higher than the max speed quoted on the disk ? What is the

limit here ? Surely I couldn't burn this at say 6x or 8x ?

The 'Supported' write speeds are listed in the disc info panel on the right.

They're what your drive's firmware has been programmed to support on the specific dye your discs use.

Like I said before, you can't use anything that's not supported. You can try but it'll just be ignored.

Loads of drives will support burning faster (than perhaps quoted on the discs box etc) to decent discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.