Verbatim

polopony

Office Max has a great deal on Verbatim blanks a choice of + or - 16X for $14.99 for a spindle of 50 :thumbup:

Looking through the adverts in the Sunday papers I also found at Office Depot Maxtor hard drives 200 gig on sale for $50 after rebates a great deal also :)

Which is better betweeen the two, + or -? I've only tried Verbatims +R's, and had fair luck with them(both 8 and 16X). Haven't tried their -R's though.

Which is better betweeen the two, + or -? I've only tried Verbatims +R's, and had fair luck with them(both 8 and 16X). Haven't tried their -R's though.

I have an NEC3500 that burns both perfectly the 3500 is considered by some the best at burning -R media never had anything fail to verify with them and all still play fine :thumbup:

check out my first post again for a deal on maxtor HD's

Polo: Will the BIOS in your PC accept a 200gig drive? It's a P3/800, isn't it? You may find that it'll only see 132gigs unless it's had the BIOS written/flashed/updated to see large drives. My old Celeron 333 could use huge drives (400gigs+) but my old P3/1gig machine couldn't. It's worth investigating anyway. :)

Polo: Will the BIOS in your PC accept a 200gig drive? It's a P3/800, isn't it? You may find that it'll only see 132gigs unless it's had the BIOS written/flashed/updated to see large drives. My old Celeron 333 could use huge drives (400gigs+) but my old P3/1gig machine couldn't. It's worth investigating anyway. :)

very true Shamus its an AMD800 and it would need to be flashed but I'm not buying one. I have enough HD space in my puter for my needs 160 gigs in 2 drives .The post was just some info for members in case they might want to expand, $50 for a 200 gig drive is a steal .My other puter is a 2.2AMD with a couple of 120Gig Sata drives that is sitting on my living room table waiting to be finished ,braided lines, dual PS,re-routing of all the wiring to hide most of it for a real clean look ,all I need is time which is in short supply right now and an OS .The 800 has been flawless since I built it only crash was when I installed some memory that I thought was Micron and turned out to be fake when I pointed it out to the vendor I got my money back ,he knew what he was selling ,counterfit crap

I have used QUITE A FEW 8X -R Verbs with no problems. The only +R Verbs I have used are their DL discs (with very few problems).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.