Attention disorder how to burn a music CD properly :)

Kloppstock

I have been attacked by some general confusion amnesia that i cant solve on my own...even though i have burned a music CD-RW before with IMG Burn 8 months ago

I have done something wrong, or completely missing to do this time, cause my successfully burned disc to not auto-run in windows, nor play in a standard cd-player, excluded track 1 in reduced quality to say the least..will play alone in a cd player

i hope that info could be enough for somebody to directly track what i have done here

I have tried to follow this guide

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

the only possibility that comes to my mind is if this guide are outdated?(instead of my brain are outdated :)) cause now the customers are on version 2.5.1.0

after all, i cant find what the guide claims in write-mode, no "Create CD CUE File' i only find the option "create cue file" on "cd cue"s former placing

here comes some picture that i hope can help to :busted: me

ImgBurn.log

post-12774-015256900 1281382650.jpg

post-12774-023061800 1281382672.jpg

Maybe your CD player doesn't like CD-RW discs, so try with a CD-R (non-rewriteable) disc.

By the way...

I 19:02:19 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B SB00 (I:) (ATA)

I 19:02:19 -> Drive 2 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB02 (K:) (ATA)

There are firmware updates for both your SH-S223B and SH-S223C burners.

Does this silent points towards that i at-least have done everything right?

if i dont know that im afraid im gonna have to install NERO instead and try :pirate:

I seem to have some serious issues?

i just got a PM from another forum member recommending another free ware driver to test if that do something

i have tested both units now, and i have updated the firmware

what is this lock thei talk about?

post-12774-026737600 1281481064.jpg

Edited by Kloppstock

You should ask that member then because we only offer support for ImgBurn and the burning process in general.

Okay, well i was just questioning if this "lock" it refer to, could be a known global issue on my computer that will affect all burners, it certainty sounded that way in my book :shifty: and the fact that 2 burners now fails point towards something bigger, but your right i shall stil focus on IMG burn inside here

or i shall focus on purchasing better CD-RW discs nxt time...when i think about it i have not burned a DVD for a long time in IMG burn, so that will at east

tell me if this is the burner or the format that is failing, is hould try with NERO also

I tested with Nero now and it can burn a audio cd without problem

so this is an issue with the CUE-system on Imgburn or, this crap audio quality i get on a successfully cds (verified 100%)

is caused by my installed SPTD drive, but that have not been a problem before..

i hope this screen shot can shine light on whatever im keep missing here

one thing that confuses is that this guide seems outdated?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

it talk about a 'Create CD CUE File' that is an option that is no longer available in IMGburn 2.5.1.0

instead its simply being called 'Create CUE file' and lie on exact same place as CD Cue did

in combination with the audio quality you can see in my winamp screenshot, the autorun for the CD is not offering

any media players to open it, it just loads windows explorer directly and call the folder "audio cd" compared to

NERO who did offered media players...so i still suspect im doing something wrong simply :shaun:

post-12774-053397600 1281810445.jpg

Edited by Kloppstock

I don't think DT makes any difference.

It all comes down to the processing DirectShow performs.

Load a flac file up in graph edit and see which filters are being used. (you can load a file by opening graphedit and simply drag+dropping the file into its window).

Alternatively, load ImgBurn, press F6, bring up the CUE file creation feature via the Tools menu and then add a FLAC file. When it's done adding it to the list, close the CUE window down again and copy + paste everything from the log window.

I don't think DT makes any difference.

It all comes down to the processing DirectShow performs.

Load a flac file up in graph edit and see which filters are being used. (you can load a file by opening graphedit and simply drag+dropping the file into its window).

Alternatively, load ImgBurn, press F6, bring up the CUE file creation feature via the Tools menu and then add a FLAC file. When it's done adding it to the list, close the CUE window down again and copy + paste everything from the log window.

I don't have any FLAC files unfortunate for me, have never worked with such files, am i supposed to download the freeware program/decpder FLAC? and create a FLAC within the program? that i save to computer and then simply drop the file into IMGburn standard burn interface (is that graph edit?) :ninja:

or are you talking about "ImgBurn Graph Data (IBG) - BurnPlot"? as being graphedit?

i would appreciate alot if someone could send me a working FLAC file actually, so i can be spared this time of once again not getting into secondary understanding problems :cat:

No, graphedit is not burnplot. If I'd meant burnplot I'd have said burnplot ;)

Sorry, I muddled this thread up with another CD audio related one. Just load a file of whatever file type you're trying to burn in place of the 'flac' file I mentioned before.

Doing it the ImgBurn way I mentioned would be better than the graphedit way.

No, graphedit is not burnplot. If I'd meant burnplot I'd have said burnplot ;)

Sorry, I muddled this thread up with another CD audio related one. Just load a file of whatever file type you're trying to burn in place of the 'flac' file I mentioned before.

Doing it the ImgBurn way I mentioned would be better than the graphedit way.

Both your ways floats together for my brain and i get trouble to separate them 2, and pressing F6 didn't do anything as i could see?

so if we could start this all from the beginning, witch klick step by step guide i would appreciate it alot >_<

i have loaded my CUE-file in write mode..im the superman!!

post-12774-088180700 1281985680.jpg

You need to have NOT closed the Log window down.

Open it again via the 'View' menu at the top.

The log will contain the info I need.

This log will contain the info YOU need

Im giving away this extra info! also just for safetys sake

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B SB00 (ATA)

Current Profile: CD-RW

Disc Information:

State of Last Session: Complete

Erasable: Yes

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 26 440

Size: 54 149 120 bytes

Time: 05:54:40 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 10x

TOC Information:

Session 1... (LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)

-> Track 01 (Audio, 02:22:23, LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)

-> Track 02 (Audio, 03:30:17, LBA: 10673 / 02:24:23)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 26440 / 05:54:40)

ATIP Information:

Disc ID: 97m17s01f

Manufacturer: Moser Baer India

Start Time of LeadIn: 97m17s01f

Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s74f

Format Capacities:

DT: 0x02 - NB: 26440 (0x00006748) - TDP: 2048

FT: 0x00 - NB: 295264 (0x00048160) - TDP: 2048

FT: 0x10 - NB: 295264 (0x00048160) - TDP: 32

Performance (Write Speed):

Descriptor 1...

-> B0: 0x00; B1: 0x00; B2: 0x00; B3: 0x00

-> EL: 359849 (0x00057DA9)

-> RS: 5 644 KB/s (32x) - WS: 1 764 KB/s (10x)

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Kloppstock

You didn't press F6 before adding the files to the CUE creator :(

Nothing happens when i press F6 expect that it highlight the choice of "destination" (burn unit)

and that is automatic setted to "I" every time since the disc is inserted into the "I" to begin with..yeah the failed CD-RW disc is not erased yet,

nobody have instructed me to do that for this particularly check-up :shifty:

(and in such case i should have erased it..i could not see it myself since cant understand what you are after by me pressing F6

except "destination" that i don't see why

Now i have done like this, starting IMGburn, go to write mode, press F6 one time, insert the CUE (non audio) into "source"

bring up the log, save it, post it on this forum, get a new telling-off :lol::cat:

now i have updated the log again, the only difference is that i have pressed your F6 before really

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Kloppstock

Open ImgBurn, press F6 (it should say "program debug mode enabled" in the Log window), go to Tools -> Create CUE File, add your audio file(s) and wait for them to be processed. When it has finished, close the Create CUE File window (don't need to save) then go to the Log window and copy/paste its contents here.

Open ImgBurn, press F6 (it should say "program debug mode enabled" in the Log window), go to Tools -> Create CUE File, add your audio file(s) and wait for them to be processed. When it has finished, close the Create CUE File window (don't need to save) then go to the Log window and copy/paste its contents here.

Ah now we understand each other :blush:

an now i have attached the log you need, promise!

i decided to create a fake cd on 2 tracks! :santa:

ImgBurn.log

Good work :)

D 19:19:50 Filters: Source -> MPEG-I Stream Splitter -> ffdshow Audio Decoder -> MONOGRAM AMR Encoder -> MONOGRAM AMR Decoder -> ACM Wrapper -> Sample Grabber -> Null Renderer

The highlighted filters are useless in this case and they could be the source of your problem. Have you installed any codec pack? If so then uninstall all of them, they're :devil: evil :devil: and only cause problems.

Good work :)

D 19:19:50 Filters: Source -> MPEG-I Stream Splitter -> ffdshow Audio Decoder -> MONOGRAM AMR Encoder -> MONOGRAM AMR Decoder -> ACM Wrapper -> Sample Grabber -> Null Renderer

The highlighted filters are useless in this case and they could be the source of your problem. Have you installed any codec pack? If so then uninstall all of them, they're :devil: evil :devil: and only cause problems.

I just noticed when i uninstalled K-Lite codec pack that a couple of filters where indeed damaged

and see...now the tracks on the burned disk sounds more normal again

now it will be exiting to see what will happen if i reinstall K-lite Codec pack with working filters!

and download the latest "every day updated program"

the thing is that i have used K-lite codec pack for years in motion with IMG burn, and i have never seen

the problem experienced this time :shifty:

thanks for ID the real problem anyhow

Codec packs are more trouble than they're worth: if you need a certain codec install just that one and from a reputable source. Doing it this way you'll never have conflicts like that.

Codec packs are more trouble than they're worth: if you need a certain codec install just that one and from a reputable source. Doing it this way you'll never have conflicts like that.

especially if the direct show filter have become invalid in registry :thumbup:

anyway, could you gossip if there's a chance to edit an already saved cue file afterwards?

and re-burn some edits of the tracks? or if there's at least a chance to see the song names again...track 1, track 2

thats the most info i can get inside IMG burn once its saved, it would sure speed up the re-creation of a slightly identical cue file

The CUE file itself is just text so you can open and edit it with Notepad ;)

Thanks for that

One last thing to both of you?

Maybe your CD player doesn't like CD-RW discs, so try with a CD-R (non-rewriteable) disc.

By the way...

I 19:02:19 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B SB00 (I:) (ATA)

I 19:02:19 -> Drive 2 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB02 (K:) (ATA)

There are firmware updates for both your SH-S223B and SH-S223C burners.

How shall i interpret that "SH-S223B_ID01" refuse to install itself?

i have double checked and that shall be correct firmware for it!

i wanna update this crap! (the other one did update)

Could this message really indicate that this version was already installed in the first place?

post-12774-021110800 1282246182.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.