For RUSH fans

Pain_Man

Attn Rush fans (of whom there are not a few amongst our fraternity/sorority--I for one think we need more "sorors"...no, not Dark Wizard Catchers!)

Yesterday, Mercury release three older Rush concerts in a great three DVD/1 CD package ($28 US on Amazon.com). I got mine today (one day early in fact).

The concerts:

Exist Stage Left

Grace Under Pressure

A Show of Hands

The CD is the GUP concert.

I actually have the GUP concert on a 20+ (!) yr old VHS tape. Which isn't in stereo.

Anyway, these have long been out of print, so here's one to Mercury to releasing them all in one, low-priced package. Also included are mini-reproductions of the Tour Guides in full four-color.

I've got A Show of Hands in the player as I write this. The video is, frankly, not so hot. Probably a C+ considering the stunning clarity of Rush in Rio (it also lacks the 10,000 luscious Brazilian babes) and R30.

The sound, in contrast to the video, kicks ass. It comes in three (!) formats, PCM, Dolby 5.1 and DTS.

The PCM sounds best, followed by the DTS...

Anyway, if like me, you've been wishing for these to appear on DVD the wish has finally come true. And, unlike a lot of bands, the record company didn't charge us $100 for them.

Here's the Amazon URL:

Rush Replay X3

And, it seems they've lowered the price by $2 to $26US.

Just out of curiosity, let's see what Amazon UK's charging...

18.74 Pounds Sterling (sorry, mes cousins anglais but our 'puter kb's unlike our old typewriters, don't have a pound sterling symbol anymore..., hey wait...)

?18.74 ?18.74 (MS Word had it!)

Edited by Pain_Man

R30 is good. It's not Rush in Rio--there's certainly not 10,000 screaming, gorgeous Brazilian babes who know all the lyrics. The German crowd is rathering subdued, but the boys are certainly on their game. It's quite cool that they included the CDs with the package.

I've now watched all the concerts in the Replay package and the sound is awesome. Alex did a helluva job on the audioremixes.

The video, unfortunately, isn't up to the quality of R30 and RIR. It's certainly watcheable. But if these were new concerts, it wouldn't be acceptable.

Exit Stage Left sounds much better than I remember. The original LP/CD mixes didn't sound good but this DVD sounds much, MUCH better.

I know you're a big fan, so I highly recommend it to you or to any serious Rush fan.

well i only just managed to get my copy of R30 yesterday and havent seen it yet, ill look into the replay discs when i've had a chance to enjoy R30 . thanks pain man
Edited by Pain_Man

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.