6.5 GB ISO image file = 1 layer and PTP mode?

TMHKR

Hi. ;)

I've used the "Create image file from files/folders" option, to make an image file of a 6.5 GB DVD Video (so I can burn it later, when I buy a dual-layer disc). I've added the VIDEO_TS folder, set up the layer break point, and saved the 6.5 GB ISO image to hard drive. :thumbup:

However, when I mount it to Alcohol's virtual drive, and try to check it (using the "Verify disc" option), it reports that it has just one layer, and that it's recorded using PTP (Parallel Track Path) mode. Of course, I planned to burn it using OTP mode, so that the layer switch pause is shorter (although I see no option/setting for that in ImgBurn)... :blink:

So, my question is: will the disc still have 2 layers when I finally burn it, and (much more important), will it be recorded using OTP method? :unsure:

ImgBurn: 2.5.2.0 :thumbup:

Recorder: ASUS DRW-1814BL (firmware: 1.13) :unsure:

Discs I plan to use: Verbatim DVD+R DL, 8x, printable :thumbup:

Player I plan to play those discs: VIVAX DVD-K195 :blush:

Edited by TMHKR

You'd have to mount the MDS file ImgBurn created to have Alcohol emulate a double layer disc properly.

Likewise, when you burn it you should select the MDS file.

Burning it itn't such a big deal with ImgBurn though it'll look for layer break positions within the ISO anyway.

Yes it'll have 2 layers because you can't physically fit that much data onto just 1.

The discs are OTP, not the burning method - and they of course cannot be changed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.