IBv1.3 BenQ BookType Settings

Amit Chugh

Hi,

Just upgraded to the latest and greatest ImgBurn version 1.3. Everything is set to default in 1.3 as was in 1.2 (i.e. I never changed anything in the settings for 1.2).

Once the program starts, if I click on the Advanced Settings icon towards the lower right side, the Change Advanced Settings window pops up. In this window, I clicked on BenQ tab and selected Change for Solid Burn (Kown Media) I got back Current Setting: Unknown (FAILED!). This happens for every option in the drop down except the last two which are Test Write and WOPC which display the correct setting.

Is the above a GUI glich only? If I burn a disc will the disc be set to correct booktype?

If I click on the Change Book Type icon (which is next to Advanced Settings icon) and put a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc in the drive, it says Current Media(For DVD+RW Media) instead of DVD+R DL. Also the booktype setting I changed through nero for DVD+RW from DVD-ROM to DVD+RW is shown as DVD-ROM by ImgBurn while nero shows correctly as DVD+RW.

Something is wrong about the booktype settings in version 1.3.

Can someone else confirm the same problem?

-Amit

I think it's more a case of you not understanding the GUI.

The option you set in Nero only works within Nero. From what I've seen, it sends the booktype changing command to the drive each time it burns something and then sets it back afterwards.

The booktype settings in ImgBurn are the ones active on the drive at that point in time. It's not something ImgBurn changes in the same way Nero does. It's quite possible for another program to change them and them to be different the next time you look at them in ImgBurn.

The 'Current Media (For DVD+RW)' meeans exactly what it says!

It'll change the Booktype there and then, for the current media in the drive, but it only applies to DVD+RW.

The 'GUI Glitches' as you call them, are in fact options your drive does not support. Newer models work fine with them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.