AnyDVD and ImgBurn and Folders

jet757f

Im trying to find the correct procedure for me to backup my DVD collection into ISO files onto my hard drive for playback on media server such as Dune or Asus O!Play.

I am now experimenting with TV Episodes. I backed up using AnyDVD and IMGBurn onto my hard drive. I see the main file on there which is labled the Title of the DVD and ISO at the end. I click on this and get the full DVD with menus which is great.

What I have notice is that I also get some other files labled MDS and recent.db. Can I just delete these files?

My main question is should I create some sort of folder before I use IMGBurn and direct the DVD to be backed up into this folder? How should I lay out the hard drive as far as folders if Im going to put many DVD TV episodes and also DVD movies?

What I mean is should I create a folder and put the name of the movie or TV Show on the folder or just let AnyDVD and IMGBurn do this?

Edited by jet757f

The MDS file is as far as I know mostly to contain the layer break information on dual layer disc images. Or if your image is split into multiple parts. However, since you say you can just double click on the ISO and it plays on your PC, you probably don't need the MDS file, then. If you discover later you do need the MDS file, you can probably just recreate it with the ImgBurn tool to generate an MDS file by pointing it to the necessary ISO.

Don't know what a .db file is. As far as I know, ImgBurn doesn't create such a file.

As far as to how to layer out your folders to hold episodic DVD's, that's entirely your choice. :) I would, if I was doing it, create folders based on the disc names. For instance, I'd create a root folder with the name of the TV series. Then, subfolders in the root directory named based on the disc names, such as Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. However, since your ISO files appear to be named after the disc names, which is, of course, entirely based on what the Disc Label is, you might want to name your folders Episodes 1 through 8, Episodes 9 Through 15, etc.

However, that decision is really entirely yours to make.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.