Problem burning DL media.

81RED

Have a rather strange problem that I hope someone can help me with:

Replaced my old trusty Pioneer DVR-108 with a new model DVR-111D today - burning

normal "non-dl" media works like a charm, but when I try to burn a DL disk I get the following

(Taken from a quick note i scribbled, as I could not find a way to get that info into the general logfile?)

"I/O Error!

Scsistatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: xx xx xx xx xx ........

Interpretation: Send DVD Structure DVD+R DL Boundary Information

Sense Area: xx xx xx xx ....

Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error"

Selecting "Cancel" to that, it then shows me another page of errors including

something about "Read DVD Structure Boundary Information" and "Unable to Recover TOC".

It then proceeds to fill the write-buffer, at which point I have cancelled the whole thing as I

am not very keen on wasting too many rather expensive disks.

The firmware is version 1.23 and the media I use is Verbatim. Media from the same batch worked

fine on the old 108 model.

Is my brand new drive knackered? Am I doing something obviously wrong? Any help would be greatly

appreciated.

Verbatim media normally burns fine on all drives... it's the only one that does!

Hard to say where the problem lies. Your drive could be faulty or you could have a substandard/fake batch of Verbs.

I realise they're expensive and so perhaps you only tried one disc - it might have been a 1 off, so please do try another one at some point!

Have always used Verbatim as they, in my experience, are the most compatible/least defective ones around.

Anyway, have come to the conclusion that my new drive is defective - right after posting

the above message I proceeded to burn some more normal images, and was met with more

"Power Calibration Area" errors.

Am a bit miffed with Pioneer right now, this makes it the fourth defective drive I?ve bought in less than two years, might fork out the extra cash and exchange this one for a Plextor model instead :)

Thank you very much for the input, appreciate it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.