2 problems

jyert

First: in desktop, ImgBurn has not its icon. In ImgBurn program files folder, neither. In desktop, when I try to change icon, Windows says that file isn't found. If I want to see ImgBurn icon I have to select ImgBurnPreview.exe, but I would like to get a better solution, I want to know why Imgburn.exe has no icon in program files.

Second: I have a TSST Corporation optical disc drive. I found that TSST means "Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology", so I suppose that I have to select Samsung to change book type, but when I do it, in Current Setting it says "Unknown (No way to query current setting!)", then if I select DVD-ROM in New Setting it says "Failed! Reason: Medium Not Present". My disc drive isn't Samsung? What should I do?

Thanks.

Edited by jyert

Re-install ImgBurn (if asked about keeping the current settings answer Yes) and you should get the desktop and programs menu icons back.

As for the Samsung booktype issue, try doing it with a DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD+R DL disc in the drive. By the way, ImgBurn automatically booktypes +R media to DVD-ROM on Samsung burners, provided that the burner supports doing it of course.

Regarding to icon, i had already tried uninstalling and rebooting and it dindt work. But I've solved the problem installing imgburn in "program files", because i was installing it in "program files (x86)". I had not problem with other programs installing them in x86 or in the other one (i install programs in the folder that they "want"), but anyway its solved.

Regarding to disc drive, if does it automatically, then ok.

Thank you very much.

You shouldn't have a problem with installing to the default location.

I think what I'd have done in your situation is clear out the shell icon cache and reboot. You can google for ways to do that.

ImgBurn would belong in the 'Program Files (x86)' folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.