PgcEdit & ImgBurn LB setting

sillysally

Useing the dvd***** to burn and pgcedit to set LB in dvd***** would be automatic but now with the new imgburn it seems not to set the LB. So if i use the LB from pgcedit in this case Sectors in LO 1986976 offset in LO 12 should i use 1986976 or 1986964 ? Or would it be better to use the LB that imgburn says 1986992?

If you create your image with PgcEdit, it will create the image with the correct LB info and call IB to burn. There is no need to reset the LB and in fact doing so may result in a coaster, especially if you have "Leave 32k space between IFO and BUP" option on in PgcEdit.

Regards

If you create your image with PgcEdit, it will create the image with the correct LB info and call IB to burn. There is no need to reset the LB and in fact doing so may result in a coaster, especially if you have "Leave 32k space between IFO and BUP" option on in PgcEdit.

Regards

Thank you blutach for your reply.

The thing is that i like to defrag and reboot befor i burn. So would ImgBurn still have all the info or should i set the LB at 1986992 that is what PgcEdit says after i turned on 32k gap and remade the iso file.

Once the ISO is created with PgcEdit, the LB is there ion IB's registry setting (check it and see!). It matters not at all if your defrag before you burn - not something I would do though - waste of time IMHO.

Regards

Indeed, a waste of time!

There is no registry entry involved when going from PgcEdit to ImgBurn, it's done via CLI.

As such, there would no way for ImgBurn to know where PgcEdit wanted the LB if you're rebooting and stuff.

After that, when burning in ImgBurn, a dialog box should pop up offering choices of where you can burn.

What info are you getting in that box?

Right click on the 'Sectors' value on the main screen and you'll can get an idea of where ImgBurn thinks a layer break can go - without needing to actually burn anything.

Thanks for that LUK! - apologies for getting it arse over. Just that in the old prog, it wrote to a registry setting ISOWRITE_LayerBreakSectors, which held the number till the next time.

It does seem that the poster has a problem with IB suggesting different sector numbers for the LB than PgcEdit, which may be because of one or both of positioning the LB on a 32K ECC boundary (padding accordingly) and 32K IFO/BUP spacing.

Regards

Edited by blutach

Without seeing the suggested output from PgcEdit and the info from ImgBurn, I can't really say for sure where the problem is coming from.

Obviously they should both say the same, or at least offer roughly the same options for potential layerbreak positions.

Many thanks to Lighting UK! and blutach.

Heres the thing if you look at my first post you will see what PgcEdit and your burning tool said i should use. But then when i reran the file with PgcEdit and turned on 32k gaps both programes gave me the same LB. After that i burned a Verb at 4x with my BenQ 1640retail bslb firmware QS2 nothing set to on with QS2 DVD-Rom. Got a QS of 93% with Nero as i have gotten from befor when i used your old burning tool and PgcEdit but this time i did not defrag just burned with your tool and Pgcedit still up. The only thing was the total PI and PO were higher with this burn than my others when i would defrag reboot and run your old burning tool. Also like i may have said with your old tool ( I got ban from Dell for telling ppl to use you old tool just to burn with) when i ran PgcEdit and had your old tool set as the burning tool when i would reboot and then burn the LB would stay with your old tool and i would not reopen PgcEdit but just burn and the LB stayed so i got a flawless burn as is this new burn as far as it would play on my stand alone SonyNS575 player just a little lower PI and PO but still at 93% QS.

So i think form what you are saying that if i want to reboot befor the burn then i should only use what ImgBurn tells me to use no more will the LB that PgcEdit sets will it stay like befor with your old burning tool. Not that i have any prob with useing ImgBurns LB.

Edited by sillysally

That position of the layer break has no effect on your PI/PO scans. The quality of the burn is dependant only on the drive/firmware/media combo. Software 'shouldn't' come into it!

I know you've already mentioned the LB positions from both programs, but you did so without context.

I need to know what's so special about that LBA. Is it in the middle of a VTS? Is it at the start? etc.. etc..

I'd also like to see a screenshot of the layer break dialog box from within ImgBurn, and a screenshot of PgcEdit displaying its version of that same info. Only then can I get the whole picture of things.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Regards

blutach, I have a question for you about using PgeEdit. I installed ImgBurn & renamed everything as the guide said, but a movie I'm having to go through PgeEdit to copy, won't let me. It keeps saying that I don't have the right version of Decrypter installed, etc. What have I done wrong? HELP!!!

Thanks,

Arky

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.