Burning files and folders from hard drive to DVD

Robert333

Hello,

I burned a DVD by copying data to it stored on the hard drive. This data is stored on the hard drive within, for example: C:\FOLDER1\FOLDER2. I selected all the files within FOLDER2 and then I added every folder within there as well. Unfortunately, when I now view the resulting DVD it shows that the copied data has been placed within FOLDER1\FOLDER2, neither of which had been selected by me. I did not select, nor want, FOLDER1\FOLDER2, to be copied to the DVD, but I only wanted to burn the files and the folders that I had selected within FOLDER2.

How can I ensure that the DVD will have just the files and folders I select, NOT placed within their source folders?

I am using an Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and Imgburn 2.5.4.0, with a

Samsung SE-S084F external DVD Writer, using Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL disks (required for this data burn of about 5.5 GB).

I used the "Write files/folders to disc" function.

I hope you will be able to assist.

Regards,

Robert333.

Hello Admin,

Yes, this option was checked, and I have now unchecked it.

This option gave me the impression that it would prevent folder names from being abbreviated.

Now I know what was wrong! Many thanks.

I feel this option could benefit from being followed by just a short explaination to confirm what it does, but if no one else has had this problem, then I suppose its just me!

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response.

Regards,

Robert333

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.