Layer break position and scripted ISO creation

wiltshiretom

Hi,

I am trying to setup batch creation of VOB folders to ISO files. I seem to be making progress but keep coming up against the "Layer break position" window popping up which requires user intervention to proceed. I understand the implication of this that it is best for the user to choose where the break is to fall but would like to find some way round it as currently I cannot leave my script running unattended. Ultimately I will be streaming there ISO files to a UPnP player and probably won't ever be burning them to actual discs.

I found this thread that describes making imgburn think it is burning a large single layer DVD rather than dual layer DVD so there is no requirement for choosing the layer break point but I don't understand and can't find how to choose the setting ("Select 'Custom' for the single layer bit and enter a large number for 'maximum sectors' (perhaps copy it from the dl disc). ")

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=13338

This is the script I am current ly using in the batch file:

for /F "usebackq delims=;" %%I in (file_list.txt) do "C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%%I\" /DEST "F:\ISO\%%I.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /UDFREVISION "1.02" /VOLUMELABEL "%%I" /rootfolder yes /start /close /noimagedetails

My questions are:

1) What is the best approach for automating this process without needing user intervention?

2) do the settings in my script look OK or does anyone have any suggested improvements?

Cheers

Tom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.