Automotive DVD Player

buecrab

Is it possible to burn a DVD with image burn that will play back on DVD players in Honda Odyssey van ? The ones I have burned all play fine on home DVD players but will not play in factory installed Honda DVD players.

buecrab, check out your owners manual that came with the odessey, there might be a line or two in the section that has to do with DVD entertainment unit, which tells you what kind of discs ( -r, +r, etc.. ) that are reconized by the installed player. :) Which format did you burn to ?

buecrab, check out your owners manual that came with the odessey, there might be a line or two in the section that has to do with DVD entertainment unit, which tells you what kind of discs ( -r, +r, etc.. ) that are reconized by the installed player. :) Which format did you burn to ?

I am using DVD+R . Owners manual does not specify + or - media BUT it does say that DVD-ROMs cannot be played and I have think my Imgburn set up to burn as DVD-ROM - going to check it out know and burn another one with different setting. Thanks Kev - ya wouldn't think someone that has run an auto garage for 25 years should have to be told to read the car owners manual but it never occurred to me !

it does say that DVD-ROMs cannot be played

all shop bought dvd's are -ROM :huh:

Yea, that is strange the manual would say that.... :huh: ...... Buecrab, will have to bitset to something else if his burner allows it. :/

@buecrab, glad I could help........... I think......... :lol: . Let us know if your successful.

it does say that DVD-ROMs cannot be played

all shop bought dvd's are -ROM :huh:

Yea, that is strange the manual would say that.... :huh: ...... Buecrab, will have to bitset to something else if his burner allows it. :/

@buecrab, glad I could help........... I think......... :lol: . Let us know if your successful.

I also thought store bought DVD's were DVD-ROM - But I checked manual again and it clearly says DVD_ROMs cannot be played in this system. It does say DVD Video, Region 1 and Region all WILL play. What do you mean by bitset to something else ? I have a plextor 716A burner. I am also trying a few settings & re-burning discs - when I just tried to open a burned disc w/ Shrink to make new ISO file - got message that this disc ( one I had already copied w/ shrink then img burn ) was R.C.E. encoded ?? So Maybe I screwed up a couple - I'll let u know what happens after I re-burn with RCE removed. Thanks all

is it a DVD player, or is it a dvd drive for a sat nav unit

It is a factory installed DVD player - not a sat navigation unit . I have found that some burned DVDs play and some Don't - Problem is I have been burning ALL my DVDs the same way.

are you burning all your discs to the same media .You might have to experiment with media to find which the player likes.You say some will play others not find one that plays and then put it in the burner with IMGburn open and the program will tell you who the dye manufacturer is for example

these are Verbatim -R discs .I think Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs are the only way to go you dont have to worry about their quality its A1 and I havent found a player that didn't like them.If your discs came up CMC MAG I wouldn't be suprised

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

can you post a log of a burn please?

oops ! - I have not been saving logs. I have now changed settings to save every log in a folder without overwriting existing. However it may be a while before i get more dvd's to copy and test. when i make one that will not play in the van i will have that log. Thanks all for help and time. I will save all logs and re-post when i have something that will not work - thanks

are you burning all your discs to the same media .You might have to experiment with media to find which the player likes.You say some will play others not find one that plays and then put it in the burner with IMGburn open and the program will tell you who the dye manufacturer is for example

these are Verbatim -R discs .I think Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs are the only way to go you dont have to worry about their quality its A1 and I havent found a player that didn't like them.If your discs came up CMC MAG I wouldn't be suprised

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

My discs are CMC MAG - I know, I know - I found out after I ordered a bunch - but I do have some Taiyo Yudens on order - I was waiting for the CMC's to run out - but will try TY's anfd let u know - Thanks all

That possibly might be the problem right there, DVD unit in van doesn't like CMC MAG, as do any of us.................. :lol: This is a prety cruddy disc dye, lots of people have problems with their players reading these brand of discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.