Problem with DVD-/+RW SONY-S11-00

klapan

Hello!Please,excuse first my bad english...I am a newbie and have a problem with playing written DVD-/+RW discs on my standalone dvd player-recorder Panasonic DMR-E55.This recorder won't play these discs,when they are wrotten on my computer with Nero 6 or Ashampoo 10.With normal written DVD-R is OK - the player plays them.But when I put a written disc DVD-RW with avi files,it says "This disc is not formatted properly.Format it with using DVD management ?" What's the problem ? How can I play on this recorder DVD-/+RW discs,but I wish to write them on my comp with Imgburn,Ashampoo or Nero?

How to format DVD-/+RW disc before burning and which format to use - Live or Mastered,in order to play in my standalone DVD player Panasonic - I am with Windows XP SP2 ? This is what Imgburn says ...

Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A 1.11 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+RW

Disc Information:

State of Last Session: Empty

Erasable: Yes

Formatted: No

Free Sectors: 2 295 104

Free Space: 4 700 372 992 bytes

Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Next Writable Address: 0

Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x; 4x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: SONY-S11-00

Book Type: DVD+RW

Part Version: 2

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196 608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2 491 711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: SONY-S11-00

Book Type: DVD+RW

Part Version: 2

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196 608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2 491 711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Format Capacities:

DT: 0x01 - NB: 2295104 (0x00230540) - TDP: 2048

FT: 0x26 - NB: 2295104 (0x00230540) - TDP: 0

Performance (Write Speed):

Descriptor 1...

-> B0: 0x00; B1: 0x00; B2: 0x00; B3: 0x00

-> EL: 2295104 (0x00230540)

-> RS: 6 925 KB/s (5x) - WS: 3 324 KB/s (2,4x)

Descriptor 2...

-> B0: 0x00; B1: 0x00; B2: 0x00; B3: 0x00

-> EL: 2295104 (0x00230540)

-> RS: 6 925 KB/s (5x) - WS: 5 540 KB/s (4x)

And it says and this :"Ready.Disc needs formatting" when I am in Discovery mode im Imgburn.The question is : how to format a new DVD-/+RW discs...Is there a program to do this formatting process,or is a way to proceed...Help me,please...I will be very thankfull for your answers !

Edited by klapan

Your Panasonic player can't play avi's

The formats supported are DVD Audio / DVD Video / Video CD / Audio CD / MP3 CD

Taken from the manual, Discs that cannot be played

2.6 and 5.2 GB DVD-RAM, 12 cm (5z)

3.95 and 4.7 GB DVD-R for Authoring

Unfinalized DVD-R recorded on other equipment (➡ page 40, Finalize)

PAL discs (you can still play the audio on DVD-Audio)

DVD-Video with a region number other than “1” or “ALL”

DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, iR, iRW, CD-ROM, CDV, CD-G, Photo CD,

CVD, SVCD, SACD, MV-Disc, PD, Divx Video Disc, etc.

You can only use DVD-R / DVD-RAM / CD-R/RW in that player/recorder.

You need to convert the avi's to DVD Video standard using DVD Flick or DVD Styler.

Your Panasonic player can't play avi's

The formats supported are DVD Audio / DVD Video / Video CD / Audio CD / MP3 CD

Taken from the manual, Discs that cannot be played

2.6 and 5.2 GB DVD-RAM, 12 cm (5z)

3.95 and 4.7 GB DVD-R for Authoring

Unfinalized DVD-R recorded on other equipment (➡ page 40, Finalize)

PAL discs (you can still play the audio on DVD-Audio)

DVD-Video with a region number other than “1” or “ALL”

DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, iR, iRW, CD-ROM, CDV, CD-G, Photo CD,

CVD, SVCD, SACD, MV-Disc, PD, Divx Video Disc, etc.

You can only use DVD-R / DVD-RAM / CD-R/RW in that player/recorder.

You need to convert the avi's to DVD Video standard using DVD Flick or DVD Styler.

Thank you for the answer,ianymaty...But...my DVD recorder CAN play avi' DivX/XviD files,not only DVD Video discs.I usually write avi's when they are about 700 MB on a single CD disc as data CD, or on a single dvd disc as "data dvd" /up to 6 avi files, 700 MB each/ as folders with avi file + subtitle file within a folder ,and my recorder plays movies in avi format and reads very good subtitles,too.So my problem is - when I write such a files on a DVD-/+RW discs,my standalone recorder/player can't play them and says "This disc is not formatted properly".It plays only DVD-R or CD-R discs,written as "data CD / DVD" with movies avi and sub's in a folder...KM Player plays /on my comp/ files on both of these discs/DVD-R and DVD-/+RW/ with a such files on them.How can I format DVD-/+RW discs with an application on my comp, so that my standalone player can read them without a problem ? What is then properly formatted disc - Live or Mastered ?

Edited by klapan

Are you sure you talk about Panasonic DMR-E55?

In the manual found here http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMRE55.PDF nowhere I can found it can play avi.

In the manual, as I quoted, DVD-/+RW is not supported but here in Technical Specifications for DMR-E55K is presented as DVD-RW, DVD-R Playback Capability Yes

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/Technical-Specification/model.DMR-E55K.T#ts. Though I lean to think only highlighted in bold is supported.

Maybe you have a successor DMR-E55K, DMR-E55S as I see here is a firmware update for them http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/Drivers-Downloads/model.DMR-E55K.D#ts

Mine is DMR-EH55S... and yes,the recorder plays avi's...But my problem is HOW to format DVD-/+ RW discs to play them with the recorder,ianymaty.Thanks again.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/model.DMR-EH55S

According this ...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Which-CD-or-DVD-format-should-I-use

... i need to know how to format these discs.What kind of formatting does the standalone recorder - Live or mastered...by default Windows XP makes it

Live.

Edited by klapan

Ah, that's not what you wrote in the first post.

Do you have the latest firmware installed as it states in description: 3.Improves DVD-Video playback of DVD+RW discs. may be related. http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/Drivers-Downloads/model.DMR-EH55S.D#ts

You don't need any formatting, you just write on disc as on regular DVD.

Make sure you verify your burns.

Probably the player don't like that disc. Try other brand. Verbatim are recommended.

Ah, that's not what you wrote in the first post.

Do you have the latest firmware installed as it states in description: 3.Improves DVD-Video playback of DVD+RW discs. may be related. http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/Drivers-Downloads/model.DMR-EH55S.D#ts

You don't need any formatting, you just write on disc as on regular DVD.

Make sure you verify your burns.

Probably the player don't like that disc. Try other brand. Verbatim are recommended.

Ah,ianymaty,the player is ok ...when it records the discs, plays them very good.The problem is when DVD-/+RW discs are written with another burning program on my comp - Ashampoo 10,Nero or Imgburn - then my Panasonic recorder don't play them...and says "The disc is not formatted properly.Format it using DVD Management ?" And I don't understand what kind of formatting makes the recorder - what is different.

You say it can record to DVD-/+RW and read it back, yes?

Make an image of that disc and burn it back using ImgBurn, does it read it again?

Post the logs of that sessions and the info on the right from the disc recorded in Panasonic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.