Burning "movie only"

Amadeus74

Hi . . . I'm a newbie and this is my first post.

Many thanks to the creators of ImgBurn. I have used it four times now to back up four recently purchased Bluray movies and it has worked flawlessly. To eliminate the need for compression, I have used BD-R DL (50GB) media along with AnyDVD and ImgBurn, and all four of the backups have looked great.

I now want to back up shorter movies (less than 2 hrs in length) say for example, Toy Story which is 81 minutes long, using BD-R SL media instead of the more expensive BD_R DL media. But I want to capture the movie without any compression. Unfortunately, the AnyDVD ripped Toy Story file size is about 40.3GB . . . obviously too big without compression for a 25GB BD disc. Does ImgBurn have the ability to select and burn just "movie only" content? Or can this selectivity be done with AnyDVD? Or does it require a third program to accomplish this? Could somebody provide me with step-by-step instructions to perform this kind of task?

As a Newbie my apologies for not knowing such information. And thank you so much for anybody's help.

Yea you will have to check AnyDVD for that. There should be an option to make the film fit on a single layer. I know DVDFab will compress your movie if you want it on a SL DVD or even SL Bluray.

As far as copying 'portions', you will need a reauthoring program for that as well. Imgburn will do nothing but burn your data 'as is.'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.