Bad flash help

Smallz

My first attemp to burn one of my games to a disc failed. I was suggested to update the firmware on my drive. When trying to re flash with the new firmware, my computer shut down and my drive is messed up. The computer doesn't recognize it anymore. I can't find it anywhere on my computer. It won't open. I believe this is called a bad flash. Does anyone know how to fix this? My drive is a Philips DVD 8701

It's easier and cheaper (considering the amount of time and work you'd spend on fixing it) to just get a new burner. I'd recommend a new Optiarc burner if you have a SATA port available.

It's easier and cheaper (considering the amount of time and work you'd spend on fixing it) to just get a new burner. I'd recommend a new Optiarc burner if you have a SATA port available.

What would I have to do to fix it?

Take the burner apart, remove the flash chip (some are socketed but most are soldered onto the board), take to someone who has a chip flasher device and proper socket, have them flash the firmware on your chip, then put it all back together.

Take the burner apart, remove the flash chip (some are socketed but most are soldered onto the board), take to someone who has a chip flasher device and proper socket, have them flash the firmware on your chip, then put it all back together.

:P

Or you could try to flash it to a Benq DW1640. To see if that flash tool works.

http://club.myce.com/f92/flash-phillips-dvd8701-benq-dw1640-268524/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.