New User Big Problems

jesmelric

Hi, I downloaded IMGburn in order to make dvds from this website:http://www.archive.org/details/Ozzie_DVD_03

However I am doing something terribly wrong. I downloaded the files into a Video_TS folder but when I add it to the IMGburn and hit the calculator it doesn't work like it's supposed to, and the discs don't play.

I'm really a novice and not very technically advanced, but any help is appreciated. I've attached the log. Thank you! New Text Document (2).txt

(Looks like a legit site for downloads)

I 21:11:59 Image Contents: 4 Files, 2 Folders

I 21:11:59 Image Sectors: 608 (MODE1/2048)

I 21:11:59 Image Size: 1,245,184 bytes

(There should be 10 files.)

You should download these files also:

Movie Files MPEG2

VTS_01_1.VOB 1,024.0 MB

VTS_01_2.VOB 1,024.0 MB

VTS_01_3.VOB 1,024.0 MB

VTS_01_4.VOB 981.6 MB

(Looks like a legit site for downloads)

(There should be 10 files.)

You should download these files also:

Movie Files MPEG2

VTS_01_1.VOB 1,024.0 MB

VTS_01_2.VOB 1,024.0 MB

VTS_01_3.VOB 1,024.0 MB

VTS_01_4.VOB 981.6 MB

Yes, I have downloaded those also. In my Video_TS folder I am showing 10 files. Two .Bup, two .ISO, and six VTS. I know I am doing something wrong, but I just can't figure out what it is. Very frustrating!

Yes, that is the guide I have been following. I set it to Build, and output Device. Browse and add my Video_TS folder, and when I hit the calculator instead of the 'Min. Req. Media' text the calculating bar just flashes up and disappears, and it still shows 0%. So I can tell right there, that I am doing something wrong.

Mmalves, thanks, I found the options tab and tried that, but it's still doing the same thing.

Again, I appreciate the help

I 21:11:59 Destination File: C:\Users\Cathy\Documents\Ozzie_Harriet.iso

From the log you provide it seems you added only 4 files from a total of 10 files that you should have in VIDEO_TS directory.

From the total size you should have there (more than 4 GB) you have ~1.2 MB.

From this list make sure you have all the files (except the first two files and the last one file) in VIDEO_TS directory. http://ia600607.us.archive.org/3/items/Ozzie_DVD_03/

Also you have set the target to file instead of device. See the path highlighted in bold.

I 21:11:59 Destination File: C:\Users\Cathy\Documents\Ozzie_Harriet.iso

From the log you provide it seems you added only 4 files from a total of 10 files that you should have in VIDEO_TS directory.

From the total size you should have there (more than 4 GB) you have ~1.2 GB.

From this list make sure you have all the files (except the first two files and the last one file) in VIDEO_TS directory. http://ia600607.us.archive.org/3/items/Ozzie_DVD_03/

Also you have set the target to file instead of device. See the path highlighted in bold.

Ok I tried again, changing the target to device. My Video_TS folder is showing all 10 files, but when I hit calculate it still doesn't work and I checked the log and it is still showing 2 folders, 4 files. I'm attaching a snipped picture of the files in my Video_TS folder, maybe I downloaded them wrong or something? I really, really appreciate your help.

post-38909-0-74630600-1303845644.jpg

Mount the .iso created (C:\Users\Cathy\Documents\Ozzie_Harriet.iso) in a virtual drive, see what files get there.

Did you reset the settings as mmalves asked?

What happens if you try adding all the 10 files without the VIDEO_TS directory?

"Mount the .iso created (C:\Users\Cathy\Documents\Ozzie_Harriet.iso) in a virtual drive, see what files get there"

Sorry, I'm not sure what that exactly means?

I closed out the program and restarted it, clicked on reset for the settings. Added the folder again, and it would still not calculate. I tried adding the files without the folder, and have attached the log for that. It did burn a disc which plays on my computer, but weird random snippets, and will not play on my dvd player, I get disc error message.

I feel like banging my head against the wall, I'm getting myself so frustrated. Again, I appreciate the help.

dvdlog.txt

I 15:08:41 Contents: 10 Files, 0 Folders

I 15:08:41 Image Size: 4,251,484,160 bytes

I 15:08:44 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 15:08:44 Write Speed: 2x

W 15:08:46 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 2,770 KB/s (2x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x)

This time the size looks right but you got 10 Files, 0 Folders where it should be 10 Files, 2 Folders. Didn't you get any prompt saying something about creating a DVD Video? What did you answered?

2x is not an option in your configuration, use a higher speed, like 8x should work...

"Mount the .iso created (C:\Users\Cathy\Documents\Ozzie_Harriet.iso) in a virtual drive, see what files get there"

Use Virtual CloneDrive to create a virtual DVD drive that you can use to test the images of discs created.

Until you sort out the problem switch back to the image output to save discs or use a RW disc

I 15:08:41 Contents: 10 Files, 0 Folders

I 15:08:41 Image Size: 4,251,484,160 bytes

I 15:08:44 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 15:08:44 Write Speed: 2x

W 15:08:46 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 2,770 KB/s (2x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x)

This time the size looks right but you got 10 Files, 0 Folders where it should be 10 Files, 2 Folders. Didn't you get any prompt saying something about creating a DVD Video? What did you answered?

2x is not an option in your configuration, use a higher speed, like 8x should work...

Use Virtual CloneDrive to create a virtual DVD drive that you can use to test the images of discs created.

Until you sort out the problem switch back to the image output to save discs or use a RW disc

Well I tried the Virtual CloneDrive but couldn't figure out how to use it. Sigh. I also couldn't figure out where the file went when I switched back to image output. And I tried adding the folders AND the files, and changing the speed to 8X, no prompt about a video, and that was a complete mess, as well.

I have a feeling I am hopeless and should just give up, but I really want this to work. :angry:

Hmm ok, I have another idea now too...

Is your system configured to show file extensions?

Your screenshot seems to suggest that it is (because file extensions are visible), but I have a feeling your VOB files aren't actually VOB files at all.

Maybe in reality they're called something like VTS_01_1.VOB.mpeg

ImgBurn filters non IFO/BUP/VOB files from the VIDEO_TS folder and that could be why you only end up with 4 files in your VIDEO_TS folder (the IFO/BUP files), and why it doesn't automatically try and make a DVD Video disc when you add the 10 files straight to the Source box.

So please do me a favour and open up an Explorer window, press the Alt key so the menu bar at the top appears, click 'Tools' -> 'Folder Options'. Switch to the 'View' tab and ensure the 'Hide extensions for known file types' checkbox is NOT checked.

Hmm ok, I have another idea now too...

Is your system configured to show file extensions?

Your screenshot seems to suggest that it is (because file extensions are visible), but I have a feeling your VOB files aren't actually VOB files at all.

Maybe in reality they're called something like VTS_01_1.VOB.mpeg

ImgBurn filters non IFO/BUP/VOB files from the VIDEO_TS folder and that could be why you only end up with 4 files in your VIDEO_TS folder (the IFO/BUP files), and why it doesn't automatically try and make a DVD Video disc when you add the 10 files straight to the Source box.

So please do me a favour and open up an Explorer window, press the Alt key so the menu bar at the top appears, click 'Tools' -> 'Folder Options'. Switch to the 'View' tab and ensure the 'Hide extensions for known file types' checkbox is NOT checked.

Ok, I checked and the box Was checked. So I unchecked it, and hit apply. Should I try downloading the files again? I really apppreciate the help, again, thanks so much.

No, you don't need to redownload them, just double check the files on your hdd have the exact names as the ones on the website.

In particular, look at the VOB files and check they really are VOB files and haven't been renamed to MPEG or whatever.

Argh! I wasn't sure how to check and make sure they were really VOB files, so I deleted the folder and downloaded them all again. I have attached a picture, they now say mpeg. And the IMGburn is doing the same thing, saying 4 files, 2 folders.

I really wish I understood this stuff better. I really appreciate all your help.

post-38909-0-91591200-1303932409.jpg

All you had to do was look at their names again in Explorer once you'd unchecked that checkbox I mentioned earlier. (and don't re-check it ever again!)

All the VOB files now have a *.mpeg file extension.

Remove the .mpeg bit from the name and replace with .VOB

Then try and create an image - or just 'calculate' and make sure it says 2 folders and 10 files.

All you had to do was look at their names again in Explorer once you'd unchecked that checkbox I mentioned earlier. (and don't re-check it ever again!)

All the VOB files now have a *.mpeg file extension.

Remove the .mpeg bit from the name and replace with .VOB

Then try and create an image - or just 'calculate' and make sure it says 2 folders and 10 files.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Success! It worked perfectly. After all that aggravation I feel so happy to finally have it succeed! The dvd came out perfect, and plays perfectly on my dvd player. That website has two other discs to download and create, so I'm off to do that now. So nice of you to take the time to help me out, I really apppreciate your patience and expertise. :)

Again, thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.