overspeed?

hitygl2me

hi guys hope you can help with my dilemma.

im currently using 2 drives on my pc,both or pioneer 219 and 218.

im using dual layer 2.4 discs writing at 2x but the lowest write speed it will go at is 4x regardless what dvd drive i use.

ive attatched screenshot of my problem any help/advice would be really appreciated

post-39963-0-48338800-1309429236.png

There's nothing you can do about it.

Your choices are 4x, 6x and 8x. Selecting anything other than those will still result in one of those being used.

This is down to the firmware and nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Burn at the speed producing the best quality burns - slower doesn't always equal better.

It doesn't matter what content you're burning, the drive doesn't know or care about that info.

Drives can create their best quality burns at *any* one of the supported write speeds. Without burning at each speed with your drive/firmware/media combo and then testing those discs (using Opti Drive Control/DVDInfoPro/CDSpeed), you have no way of knowing which is the best one to use.

The firmware I mentioned is what controls your burner (think of it as some software running inside the drive). It has nothing to do with media or your playback device.

yes its always set at 2.4 for some reason on diagram i put speed at x2 my mistake.but seems to be doing ok on x4.

would going back to imgburn 2.4 version make any difference at all with regarding getting the write speed to 2.4x and not 4x?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.