No idea where to post this..

I need help

I'm not even sure if I should be posting this on this board but I stumbled on here, so if there should be somewhere else I should ask this please point me in the right direction.

OK so my computer was freezing and going really really slow so I held in the power button to switch my computer off. I switched it back on and it came up 2 options, start Windows repair, or start windows normally so I chose the repair one and this came up:

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

I then tried to start windows normally but it wouldn't work either. I tried to restore the laptop back to factory settings using the Packard Bell restore cd's but it wouldnt work either, always got to a certain percentage and froze then said it has failed. But after attempting this 4/5 times the message I got on my screen changed to something along the lines of I need to use windows 7 installation cd, gave me a few steps on what to do and thats that.

But I didn't get the CD with my Packard Bell Easynote laptop. At the moment I am using my granpas HP laptop.

Please help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.