BD-R burning help please

cmw

Hi, I need help. I've never burned onto a bd-r before and just tried it for the first time and failed.

on my computer, I have a .264 file that contains a 1080p video and a .ac3 file that contains that video's audio. I tried using my Blu-Ray writer on my laptop with ImgBurn and followed these step by step directions to create a Blu-Ray video onto a BD-R disc. After going through the steps, ImgBurn said that the task was completed, but when I took out the disc and put it in my Playstation 3, it looks like it didn't recognize it properly. It just showed that it was a data disc and when I tried selecting it, it said that there were no titles.

When I popped the BD-R disc back into my laptop and looked at what was on this newly created BD-R, it showed the .264 and .ac3 original files were transferred onto the disc, but it does me no good, since I can't play the video anywhere. It's just the data that's on the disc, but no video I guess?

I am a total novice at burning, so can someone with knowledge please explain to me like you would to a total non-computer literate person on what I may be doing wrong or what I need to do in order to get these 2 files from my computer to a BD-R disc so that the video can play on any Blu-Ray player, especially my PS3? Thank you very much!!!

That guide assumes you have your files into the proper bluray format with BDMV, CERTIFICATE directores. Inside the BDMV directory contains .m2ts and other files (don't know off the top of my head).

Anyways, in short you need to prepare those files yourself with a different program. Imgburn will burn your bluray video disc, ONLY if you already have the BDMV and CERTIFICATE directories and files prepared in advance. Imgburn will not convert anything, only burn 'as is.'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.