New External Burner won't recognize Verbatium BD-R

Wally

Ever since I purchased a Sony HDR FX-7, I've had nothing but one problem after another.

I will not get into the Sony issues, however at this stage of the game, I think I AM CURSED!!!! Saturday I just received my first burner as described above. At the time I ordered it, I also ordered the BluRay disks, Verbatium BD-R 6X. I just got the disks yesterday and I haven't been able to burn any file or image which I have already imported from the camcorder to my HD. I initially tried with the S/W which came with the burner (Cyberlink) as well as Nero Multimedia Platinum 10 HD. Struck out with both s/w's after many futile attempts. Finally this afternoon practically at my wits end I spoke with a young techie at a local pc shop, and he advised me to go the ImageBurn Route. He further stated that he in fact had used the s/w on several occassions and had excellent results. I had no failures downloading and installing Image Burn. So I followed the user guide for BluRay writing and I only got as far to verify disk, which indicated, Device Not Ready, Cannot Read Medium,Incompatible Format. I've had no issues with the burner playing DVD's as well as the s/w identifying the DVDs. At this point I AM STUCK seeking any help or advise with ANY possible idea for remedy. My PC is just 6 months loaded with the proper ram memory, OS Windows 7 Professional and packed with all the necessary cards required to accommodate HD media.

Thanks so much for your time and cooperation with these ongoig situations. Please Advise!!!!

Wally

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.