Windows was unable to complete the format

Haggis Cat

I have a new Verbatum BD-RE DL disc and when I try to format it I get the message in the title. See the screen shot for the error message I get from Image Burn. I am thinking the disc is a lemon. I am using an LG BE06LU10 burner which may also be having problems with the disc, but it does say it can burn onto BD-RE DL at 2x speed. Maybe the burner is shot already.

Thanks for any input.

post-33645-0-93075300-1319771012.png

Thanks and I was afraid of that. That LG writer has been long discontinued so there may not be any new updates, I checked and I am already running the most recent version. I am going to take the disc to a local electronics outlet here (Future Shop) and see if it will work. Maybe I will send a note to LG or perhaps an update for one of their newer models may work. I will keep you posted. And yes the media new...

Success !! After applying the cross-flash utility from this thread : http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=18942 the disc formated and burned perfectly. The Blu-ray movie Captain America even plays on my Sony BDPS300. I used YL07 as it had the most recent date of May 11th 2011.

I am still having problems with the my actual Blu-ray player on my computer, but this has nothing to do with Image Burn, SlySoft, or Virtual Clone Drive. When a Blu-ray movie is played on my computer either through the virtual clone drive or the actual Blu-ray movie, the frame interpolation feature (frame creation feature) on my Panasonic PT-AE4000 has problems. The computer's buffers, either in the player itself, the video card and or processor can't read ahead fast enough for the frame creation to work properly. It randomly freezes every mow and then and misses frames. If I put the disc itself in the Sony player it works fine, so I am missing something on the computer. Lots of experimenting to do yet with different players and settings. Thanks Lightning UK for the links !!

I found those links earlier from the forum on Blu-ray.com, but the instructions are very poor, but with a little experimenting things worked out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.