Which SCSI/ATAPI Driver Is Better?

SPA_CE

• 2 months later...
I have the ElbyCDIO, Patin-Couffin, and SPTI driver. But my questions is, which one is better to use with ImgBurn? :huh:

Interesting replies, down below. My experience is different (but admittedly brief). I originally installed ImgBurn and selected the Patin-Couffin driver and things worked well. But then, thinking to reduce clutter, deleted the DVD burning application (CopyToDVD) that originally installed the Patin-Couffin driver; which removed it. Okay. I'm thinking; "Fine. SPTI is the default anyway"; and I just selected SPTI and go to burn another DVD... which Failed! So, lickety-split, I re-install CopyToDVD, reselect Patin-Couffin, and with the VERY SAME DVD THAT FAILED re-try the burn, and --voila-- no problems at all. Burned, verified, and plays just swell.

This may not be THE definitive test, but it convinced me. I'll be sticking with the Patin-Couffin driver.

That doesn't really prove anything and there's nothing to say a retry on SPTI wouldn't have worked. What's particularly strange is that you were able to re-use the disc in the first place - normally you can't if a burn fails.

I've never used anything other than SPTI and so if there was a problem with it, it's safe to assume that would NOT be the case.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.