Slight log enhancement

.Wolfie

If I'm being blind or stupid, then don't hurt me, just point me in the right direction. Other than that, when looking in the log file recently, the only thing I see are timestamps but no date stamps (other than generated graph files).

So here's my idea. Without changing each and every line to include a date with the time (as that would drastically increase the size of a log file), have periodic inserts of the date. When ImgBurn starts, instead of just a time, have the time with the date on the line, like so:

I 20:47:41 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started on 2012-01-12 (GMT-0500 Standard time)!

I tossed in the GMT thing as another suggestion that isn't really all that important, but basically just lets the viewer/reader know what timezone/offset just for information purposes. Main thing being a reference to the date.

When an operation is started, aborted, completed, whatever, anytime that it would be a minor add and not a major one. For example:

I 20:57:15 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:09:18 (Started on 2012-01-12 @ 20:47:56)

Benefit is that with a big log file where it's always being appended to, it'll be easier to find certain activities.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.