HELP: What am I missing here?

cvj1

I wanted to make a DVD from a European DVD that would play on my stand-alone DVD player in the U.S....

(It would play fine on my PC).

Sooo, I started by using Decrypter to patch the Region to "Region Free" and to to remove "PUO"s.

Then I used ImgBurn 2.0.0.0 tp build the ISO, being very careful to follow step outlined in the guide, making a "UPD" copy.

Then I burned and verified the new DVD.

Then... fanfare and applause .. I inserted the DVD in my stand-alone DVD player..and got excactly the same error message that I got when I inserted the original DVD - "PLAYING THIS DICS IS PROHIBITED BY AREA LIMITS."

:geek:

Tried it on a separate stand-alone DVD player - same result.

Obviously I am missing something :o

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you,

cvj

Edited by cvj1

First off, I think I can safely say this, but, not go any further because of lots of stuff that is too complicated.

Before you go any further, be aware that this foreign DVD may not play on your US TV at all, regardless of the region coding. If the video format is PAL, the video will not play right unless your player or TV can support PAL. Most in the US support NTSC. PAL on the wrong format TV will result in any of the following or combinations of them:

1.) black and white video

2.) the video is not centered on the screen

3.) a high pitched whine interferes with the audio because of the number of lines being displayed is greater

4.) the video scrolls on the screen like the TV's vertical hold has been tampered with.

The video on these DVD's will play fine on a PC because PAL versus NTSC doesn't matter to a PC monitor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.