ASUS minimum write speed

grullone

I would like to know how to write a media with speed 1x or 2x since i realized that the dvd dl I am trying to make Has been done with a very low speed on old drive.

I have an ASUS DRW-22B2L and when I use a verbatim +R 8x the minimum speed allowed is 4, in the end the dvd doesn't work on my navigator system.

I did install the last firmware 1.02? do I have to change again the DVD writer?

Thanks

log-for-nav.txt

What makes you think you've got an Asus DRW-22B2L? The log certainly doesn't show it.

I 19:27:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:27:53 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.06 (E:) (ATA)

I 19:27:53 -> Drive 2 - Info: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S VS0M (F:) (ATA)

I 19:27:53 -> Drive 3 - Info: PW2883Q SQD918A 2.0B (G:) (SCSI)

I 19:27:53 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD±RW and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

If that log isn't current (it does say November 2011), please post the correct one.

You should also read this - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

What makes you think you've got an Asus DRW-22B2L? The log certainly doesn't show it.

I 19:27:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:27:53 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.06 (E:) (ATA)

I 19:27:53 -> Drive 2 - Info: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S VS0M (F:) (ATA)

I 19:27:53 -> Drive 3 - Info: PW2883Q SQD918A 2.0B (G:) (SCSI)

I 19:27:53 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD±RW and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

If that log isn't current (it does say November 2011), please post the correct one.

You should also read this - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Sorry, the log file is the old one, the asus have replaced the lite-on, anyway the same problem I have with the LG, even that one can't write less than 4x, and yes I read already the suggestion for the DL, but nothing that I didn't know allready, cause I am using verbatim DVD+R DL(the "MKM-001-00" and the "MKM-003-00" and DVD-R dl I did even try with the TDK+R, but no way, following in other forum the discussions about how to make such a DVD, it seems that all the people who made it did it with very low speed such as 1x; 2x; 2,4x, maybe on old driver.

Sorry again for the wrong log file, but trust me now I have even asus above mentioned and I tried anyway on the old lite-on I have disassembled (maybe the lite-on didn't have the best firmware). PLEASE I NEED SUGGESTIONS.

Edited by grullone

There's nothing you can do about it.

If 4x is the lowest speed coded into the drive's firmware then that's what you're stuck with - unless you can modify the firmware via something like MediaCodeSpeedEdit or find an old drive that still supports 2.4x on those discs.

If your drive can produce a decent quality burn at 4x, there's no reason to go to 2.4x.

'Slower = Better' is just a myth. A good burn at any speed will outperform (readability wise) a bad burn at any other speed.

OK. Thank you for your reply, I don't know if any of my driver are good, or the computer itself (operative system) I just know that I always use a good media, but still I didn't make any readable navigator DVD.

Thaks again for your quick reply

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.