Waiting for buffers to recover...

ryan

I 16:15:27 Writing Image...
W 19:28:38 Waiting for buffers to recover...
W 19:28:41 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...
I 19:28:43 Writing Image...

I found this is my error log when reviewing a burn. It only occurred once and the disc ended up verifying correctly, but I was wondering if this would have affected the burn. I haven't tested the DVD yet, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't a buffer underrun problem and that the disc will be fine.

Buffer underruns have long been a thing of the past. Drives just stop and start now, no problems.

You machine must have been busy doing something and the buffer levels fell right off, that's when buffer recovery kicks in.

Rather than the burn going stop / start / stop / start / stop / start etc, it stops the once and waits for things to clam down before starting again.

Buffer underruns have long been a thing of the past. Drives just stop and start now, no problems.

You machine must have been busy doing something and the buffer levels fell right off, that's when buffer recovery kicks in.

Rather than the burn going stop / start / stop / start / stop / start etc, it stops the once and waits for things to clam down before starting again.

Which took all of 5 seconds! If your machine is a bit old, don't do anything else while burning, including checking for mail.

BURP has been around for longer than 3 years.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.