100% burn, then stop - help pls !

jrleighton

Having checked thoroughly for errors (using my OEM diagnostic utility) and checked for a firmware update, I am sure that my Sony DVD+-RW drive is good.

I have recently uninstalled Sonic DLA and Roxio direct-to-disc from my PC (each was on there at recent times, although separately, as they are incompatibly) and thing that these incompatible (Sonic = Roxio, so why incompatibility ? never mind) and frankly irritating bits of software, and think that they might have something to do with my issue.

The issue is (and I have tried several times, each with different data & either a DVD-, DVD+ or a CDR):

Each time I burn an image, the burn stops at 100% and fails to continue to perform the validation or to close the disc. The error message is a recurring SENSE Interpretation: Medium Not Present (there's the odd 'invalid field in CDB' thrown in too. What do these errors mean ? Log file attached.

Is this normal ? Discs burnt only don't work in any other drive. Do I need to manually close the discs and manually perform a verification. I have done a manual close/verify on one disc and it seems to work when accessed via windows explorer, but only on the PC and in the drive on which the disc was burnt - have not had a chance to check if this is accessible from another PC/drive yet.

Have had a look at other posts and searched the forum and the web, but there's not much that's out there that I can see relevant to this issue. It's probably obvious to others, but I need to be pointed in the right direction and shown so that the penny will drop with me !

Can anyone help me please ? Thanks in advance.

output.txt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.