Using Build's Create Boot Image

dbminter

Once you create a boot image from a CD using Create Boot Image, then when you load that file under Boot Image, how are we supposed to determine the Emulation Type to use based on that image file? Or based on the CD? Trial and error might work, except for the Custom part. :)

Thanks!

I want it to behave like the original CD it came from. :) But, there's no "CD" option, and, I don't know how/if there's a way to determine the needed information from the CD/boot image file. Hence why I asked. ;)

Are we going to start a

10 Goto 20

20 Goto 10

logic here? :lol:

How big is the boot bit it extracted?

The floppy disc emulation sizes should be obvious.

For other stuff, the 'custom' sectors to load is the size of the boot image / 512.

I guess I should add a log entry to say what emulation type was used on the original disc if it's from a cd. Never really thought of that ;)

Yeah, that log entry is a good idea.

The boot image was 2 KB. Seems a bit small to me, but, I've heard that enough times... wait... wrong forum. :blush2:

The El Torito configuration error box that comes up with other emulation types says the Size is 2,048 bytes. To be precise.

Just in testing, the only thing that "booted" was the Custom settings with no changes to it, but, when it tried to boot, it just said Boot Failed. However, unlike the other tests, the drive, at least, recognized and tried to boot from, the disc.

Tried it that way and it still wouldn't boot all the way. Same problem as before. I'll just image the disc and then inject files into the ISO with UltraISO. Seems to be the best thing for bootable discs, anyway, that I've found so far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.