create .cue from flac files? need help please

flac off

hello, my first post here, but i have used this site for sometime. i love imgburn.

well, i have been trying to fina way to make a .cue file with flac files.. but i have not been able to.

i have read here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6884

that i should install DC-bass srouce.. but the installtion is conufsing. there is three seperate .zip files.

i ran and installe DCBassSourceSetup..

and then i get this error message:

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11442671/1024/Anonymous/fff.bmp

i have no idea what to do lol.. can someone please help me? I love making cue files because my car stero and my xbox 360 can read the file names and artist information etc. so its great to make them.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

take care

Ok so here’s what you do...

Download madFlac 1.10 from http://madshi.net/madFlac.rar

Extract the rar (using something like WinRAR from http://www.rarsoft.com ) to ‘C:\Program Files\madFlac’ (or ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\madFlac’ if you’re using a 64 bit operating system).

Now navigate to that folder in Explorer and locate the ‘madFlac.ax’ file. Select it and drag+drop it onto the ‘InstallFilter.exe’ file. You should get a message come up (possibly after a UAC prompt you have to click ‘Yes’ to) saying:

“The DirectShow filter "C:\Program Files\madFlac\madFlac.ax" was registered successfully.”

Now try loading your Flac files into ImgBurn’s ‘Create CUE File’ window again.

thanks for the adivce!!

it seems to work, but then when i go to test the .cue like i usually do before i burn the cd... i open the .cue in VLC player.. and nothing plays..

but with my other cue files i made from mp3... it played in vlc player.

if its VLC that is wrong and the file is right.. is there any other way i know the cue file works before burning my cd?

Thanks!!!

VLC may just not support (my version of?) Flac files in a CUE file.

If the flac files work, the CUE will work :)

thanks admin! it does work haha,

its strange that a cue made of flac files wont player in vlc... but just flac files will play find in vlc. strange.

Thanks again admin!!!!!!!!!! :headphonedance:

Alright, well i have another question about this..

my flac files already have tags on them for artist and file name.. but when i burn the cue.. it says unknown artist on computer and xbox.. what options do i select for the CD TEXT... or Default CD TEXT in order to get the tag info ??

i burnt 5 cds trying the different options and none have the right tag information.

Thanks in advance

Edited by flacman

You just have to select 'Tag'.

Your discs may actually have CD-TEXT info stored on them and the problem is the xbox doesn't attempt to read it.

Put the disc back in the drive, switch to 'Read' mode in ImgBurn and click the 'View Media Information' button. See if it displays CD-TEXT info in the box that pops up. If it does, you'll know it's present on the disc.

Your discs may actually have CD-TEXT info stored on them and the problem is the xbox doesn't attempt to read it.

Put the disc back in the drive, switch to 'Read' mode in ImgBurn and click the 'View Media Information' button. See if it displays CD-TEXT info in the box that pops up. If it does, you'll know it's present on the disc.

well i made another cd with the tag option, then viewed the information.. and it does still have CD TEXT on it

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11464567/1024/Anonymous/fff.bmp

how do i stop CD TEXT from being burnt onto the cd?

well, i have tried every option there is, and i still get Unknown name/Track 1

really fustrated but will not quit

if other people can make cue with proper information, so can i!

Edited by flacman

Your disc has CD-TEXT on it. If the xbox isn't picking up on it, it probably doesn't look for it in the first place. A lot of these programs rely on an internet database for info - and if it's a CD you've made up yourself, obviously the internet database isn't going to have info for it.

Last week sometime, i decided to open a .CUE file with imgburn, to see what it does. I found out its like a a detailed file holding songs and song/artist information.

So, I then downloaded a torrent (I OWN THE CD BUT LOST IT for any legal inquires)..

The torrent had inside a folder holding: 12 Tracks, a .CUE file, and Album art.

I decided to burn this .CUE file to a CD with imgburn. it worked good, I then noted that when it played in the car CD player, Windows media player, or my Xbox 360, the Artist/Track information was all listed. And now that I know that I can create .CUE files with information, I dont really want to go back to Unknown Artist/Track 1

This torrent I downloaded was made by a person, that person must of made that .CUE file himself I assume.

So, I popped in his disc and mine, then viewed media information to upload here, maybe someone can find out how he done it. and explain it to me.

His torrent .CUE is on top..

Mine is on bottom..

rightvswrong.png

Now his .CUE has 12 songs, but I only used 1, because its faster to burn a 1 track CD.. and Im still trying to figure it out. But besides that, I dont see any difference, and I cant find out what I am doing wrong.. :unknown:

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Edited by flacman

Like I said, a lot of players use an internet database for this stuff and NOT CD-TEXT.

Your car cd player would rely on CD-TEXT, but the others probably don't. Media Player certainly doesn't read CD-TEXT, you have to install a 3rd party addon to get that functionality.

The internet database will only contain info of whole discs. So it might find the disc / track names of a full CD, but it won't find the names of one you've made yourself (which is what you're doing when only burning 1 track).

Well, I just found out some more information on this. Explains why I could not get this to work for the Xbox..

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=401879

A unique id is given to each ORIGINAL CD based on the number of tracks and length of each title on the cd. When you place an ORIGINAL "legally acquired" CD into the 360 for burning, the 360 determines the ID and then looks at the song info database on the HDD(it comes pre-loaded with a large quantity of meta data), if it doesn't find a match, it then queries the online database of id's. If a match for that ID is found, you get the album data filled in for you, but if it doesn't get a match you get nothing, and have to fill it in yourself. If you burn the CD yourself then the id will be different than the original and no match will be found. LINK

CDDB(Gracenote), freedb, AMG Lasso are all online cd/dvd databases that can be used for id lookup. I believe Microsoft uses the AMG database for their metadata lookup.

Now that I look at the last picture I posted, there is a slot in the top right that says "Disc ID"

The torrent someone made had the Disc ID included, and I did not.

So, is there any way in imgburn (or any program) to include a ID for the album?

Also, can I find a album ID through a website or inside the .mp3 files? (EDIT: freedb.org)

Thanks.

Edited by flacman

Read the quote again.

The disc id is something it generates based on the layout of the disc - number of tracks, length of tracks etc.

It's not something you can just read from or write to a disc.

Having some sort of ID recorded in the CD-TEXT isn't going to help if the player doesn't attempt to read CD-TEXT in the first place.

• 8 years later...
On 11/23/2012 at 9:29 AM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Read the quote again.

The disc id is something it generates based on the layout of the disc - number of tracks, length of tracks etc.

It's not something you can just read from or write to a disc.

Having some sort of ID recorded in the CD-TEXT isn't going to help if the player doesn't attempt to read CD-TEXT in the first place.

thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.