Windows Disc Image Burner able to handle mds files?

rbowser

I understand that the mds file carries the info for where the layer break is in a double layer DVD. I'm sharing an ISO file I made with ImgBurn with people who are likely to not want to fuss very much to make their hard copies, so I'm thinking of telling them about Windows Disc Image Burner which comes with all versions of Windows - it's the default program for handling ISO files, if the user doesn't have another burner installed.

But I'm concerned that this Windows utility may not handle the mds file. I can't find any reference to it online - Does someone here have info or an opinion? Will a double layer disc burned with WIndows Disc Image Burner, using the ISO file I made in ImgBurn come out all right? Or should I just give these people instructions about downloading and using ImgBurn, since I know by clicking the mds file they're sure to have the layer break work correctly in their hard copies.-- It looks to me like the Windows app would be ignoring the mds file - So how would it handle the layer break--?

rbowser

Windows Disc Image Burner would mess up the layer break.

Give them instructions on using ImgBurn. Actually, there's already a guide for burning an image file in the 'Guides' section of this forum.

Ah ha - Glad I asked, and it's as I suspected. No problem, it'll be easy enough for them to get ImbBurn and burn with that. Thanks--appreciate the info.

rbowser

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.