Dropped Imgburn after repeated errors

adamadam

Just wanted to say... I've been using Imgburn for several years and I've always been very happy with it. In the last few months though I started having lots of problems with it, getting repeated power calibration area errors and basically building up a mountain of coasters. I upgraded my Imgburn, my drive's firmware, got a new drive, got new media, moved my drive to a single power cable from the PSU, even considered upgrading the PSU in desperation. Then I decided to try another burning app (CDBurnerXP) and suddenly everything worked. So, just a quick FYI post, if you're having endless power calibration area errors with Imgburn, that might fix things for you. But thanks for many years of wonderful  (and free) cd burning Imgburn!

Just wanted to say... I've been using Imgburn for several years and I've always been very happy with it. In the last few months though I started having lots of problems with it, getting repeated power calibration area errors and basically building up a mountain of coasters. I upgraded my Imgburn, my drive's firmware, got a new drive, got new media, moved my drive to a single power cable from the PSU, even considered upgrading the PSU in desperation. Then I decided to try another burning app (CDBurnerXP) and suddenly everything worked. So, just a quick FYI post, if you're having endless power calibration area errors with Imgburn, that might fix things for you. But thanks for many years of wonderful  (and free) cd burning Imgburn!

Are you using Win 8?

Please note that ImgBurn can handle Alcohol images. I barely remember that CdBurnerXP could not.... :)

Edited by changmw

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.