Windows x64 | System Hang | 2.1.0.0

decompiled

I have recently discovered your project and I'm very excited to try it.

I have been an x86 user of decryptor using x64 version of windows. I installed ImgBurn and ran the executable and the system hung. It did so scanning for the ATAPI/SCSI devices.

Is the program compatible with x64 windows and if so is there any information on why the program hangs scanning for media?

Thank you in advance.

**** EDIT ****

I've noticed the app crashes and reboots windows only when both DVD-RW Drives are connected.

I'm using:

SOHW-1633S

SHW-160P6S

Edited by decompiled

Apps don't normally cause crashes to the system (reboots) so I'm thinking this is a driver problem.

Read the FAQ and it'll tell you how to enable debug mode. You can then copy + paste the log when it gets stuck.

I did enable the debug mode however the system still crashes and unless the log is saved somewhere then I don't seem to be able to get the output.

FWIW, when I disable the USB drive the APP hangs when trying to read a disc using the IDE drive. When I disable just the IDE drive the APP works. When I leave both drives enabled it hangs and the system reboots.

I've updated the USB drive's firmware to the latest version. I've also tired to update the IDE drive however it appears It will not allow me to update the firmware and the system hangs and reboots.

So obviously the IDE drive is the issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still get the same issue.

Just so I know exactly what you mean when you say 'crash', are we talking the blue screen of death? Computer basically reboots?

If we're just saying the windows gui freezes, you should still be able to see the log window - yes?

Go back to the old fashion method of using a pen + paper to write it down!

I only need the last few lines, the term 'CDB' should be in one of them, and then its 'Interpretation' (i.e. what it means in english!).

If you're getting BSOD, you must have a dodgy driver or something in there somewhere. Does it matter where the IDE drive is connected? i.e. primary / secondary channel - master / slave device.

How about a USB -> IDE adapter. Does it still mess up then?

Try looking at what filter drivers you have installed by using the freeware util you can find at www.bustrace.com

If you get a bsod, you should be able to get a memory dump from windows itself. Probably in C:\WINDOWS\MiniDumps or somewhere like that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.