Which to choose?

Blueie

Hello

I use Adobe Elements to edit amateur movies and need to burn them to DVD. These DVDs need to be playable on both computers and, most important, TV DVD players.

What I would prefer to do is save these movies to my hard drive and then use ImgBurn to burn them to disk, rather than use Adobe Elements burning tool.

However, I am unsure which icon to choose when I come across the initial interface (please see attached).

Do I choose 'Write image file to disk'? I usually work with movies in Adobe Elements, save them as Quick Time .mov (or Windows .wmv files), and then burn them to disk.

Many thanks.

Blueie

post-52678-0-29397600-1377212757_thumb.jpg

What you need to do is:

First Burn to a DVD folder

If your DVD burner isn’t compatible with Premiere Elements, you can burn the project to a folder instead. This creates a DVD‑compatible file that can be burned to disc using an authoring program such as Adobe Encore.

Note: You can only burn a DVD project to a folder. You cannot burn a Blu-ray Disc project to a folder.
  1. If the Disc view is not displayed, click Publish And Share to display the Publish And Share panel, and then click Disc.

2. From the Burn To menu, select one of the Folder options as your destination for the project. For movie projects bigger than a single‑layer 4.7 GB disc, select Folder (8.5 GB), which can accommodate dual‑layer discs.

3. Type a name for the folder.

4. Click Browse to specify a location for the folder.

5. Click Burn to begin creating the folder.

Then choose "Write files/folders to disc" in Imgburn and drag only the Video.ts folder to ImgBurn and burn the DVD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.