Trouble on startup

soyelmaui

Hello,

ImgBurn stalls on me on startup. I'm not quite sure what to do to fix the issue.
This is the copy of the log on imgburn:

I 00:46:41 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 00:46:41 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 00:46:41 Total Physical Memory: 3,930,480 KiB  -  Available: 1,549,268 KiB
W 00:46:41 I/O Interface 'Debug Mode' Enabled!
I 00:46:41 Initialising SPTI...
I 00:46:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 00:46:41 Initialising Device (\\?\ide#cdromoptiarc_dvd_rw_ad-7580s_________________fx20____#5&1ca2db44&0&1.0.0#{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b})...

Thanks in advance for the help!

It looks like something on your system is preventing the OS from 'opening' the device and returning a 'handle' to ImgBurn.

Try booting into safe mode and see if it does the same thing.

You could try uninstalling the controller from within Device Manager and then reboot so the OS finds it all again.

Please also post your filter driver info - you can find that feature in ImgBurn's Tools menu (do it from within Safe Mode).

I understand that this next issue may be irrelevant to this website or support forum but I hope one you can help. I re-installed windows 7 because of a virus that didn't let me do anything. I recently bought a LiteON ihas124b dvd drive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YIG9AQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in order to burn backed up 360 games. I am currently using a laptop and the only way for me to connect the drive was to get this product: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OORMVQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Do you think any of these two things have the capability to transfer a virus. As soon as I connected them together my laptop started acting the same way before the re-installation of windows. 

Please Help. Much Appreciated.

It also did the same thing as before on imgburn. 

Edited by soyelmaui

Nope, they are hardware additions to your system and I don't know of any virus code that can be stored where there is no live memory.

What antivirus program are you running and did you install it first thing after the reinstall of windows?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.