Verify fails, access violation, burn OK

Jilam

I have often got a failed verify after burning a BD-R but the disc seems to run OK.  Usually this happens when both source and destination are on peripherals.  Recently (v 2.5.8) closing the 'failed verify' popup results in an access violation and the bugreport dialog.  I was unable to do its email so I am attaching a typical bugreport file here as well as the session log.

bugreport.txt

session_log.txt

The bug report suggests the you were closing the application down. If you didn't do that manually then you must have clicked the 'Close' checkbox... which then meant the program would shut itself down once the burn/verify was complete.

I've never seen this problem myself, but I've seen other bug reports about it. Something odd happens as the program is being closed, it looks like a control is being deleted twice - but that isn't something I do in my code as it's handled by my development environment. So basically, I can't do anything about it.

As for the Verify 'Miscompare' issue... sector 0 on the disc is supposed to be empty (all zeros), so I'm not sure why your drive is returning a non-zeroed sector. Have you disabled the option to cycle the tray between write and verify operations? If once the verify op has failed due to that miscompare you switch to 'Read' mode and bring up the 'Sector Viewer', take a look and see if the drive is still returning a non-zeroed first sector. If it is, eject the disc, reinsert it and then read the sector again.

• 2 months later...

I've done a few more now and found the problem can be avoided by permitting tray cycle between write and verify.  I had turned it off so I didn't have to be around for the manual tray closing.

Can I suggest that the dialog that pops up to say "close the tray manually" could be accompanied by a loud noise to attract attention.

And I'll be looking for a lightweight bd burner that can be closed by the software.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.