Getting Smart?

dbminter

Quoth:

How "Smart" Is Releasing Five Seasons of a Single Series?

Get Smart might not rank as one of television's most memorable classics, but the DVD release of the series, which originally aired between 1965 and 1970, will be memorable in its own right as the first ever to be issued in its entirety -- 138 episodes on 25 discs. The series was restored from the original negatives and each episode will contain all of the earlier scenes, unlike the versions that were shortened for subsequent syndication. Repackaged by HBO Video, the DVD package, which will be priced at $199.95, will initially be available only via corporate sibling Time-Life Video's website until the fall of next year, when it will then be distributed to retail stores. The package will also include more than 10 hours of "extras."

First, I find most interesting is the word repackaged. That would indicate the DVD's were already released, yet, the article sounds like HBO Video was releasing it for the first time. Myself, I'd pass on this. I'd be more likely to buy individual seasons, but, I would want the option of all of them in a boxed set like this for completists. But, $200 for a boxed set? I believe the Monty Python's Flying Circus set was near that price, but, was also released in separate disc entries.

Actually, I'd prefer individual episode discs ALWAYS released, along with seasonal boxed sets. I'd be more likely to buy 1 disc with, say, 4 episodes if I only wanted one or two episodes from a season versus buying an entire season's boxed set to get those 2 episodes. Take, for instance, Get Smart. There are some I'd have to have, like all 5 HYMIE episodes, since I met him. ;) Plus, the one with Michael Bell, who I also met. :D

Who said I don't understand? I understand better than any of you that the CONTROL Honeymooners' kit must contain knock-out drops, throwing knife, and brass knuckles. :wink:

not you, LFC ,he was in the cone and being outside myself I was passing on the message :lol:

makes me want to watch the episodes again but at $200 for the lot I dont think so, will wait on Blockbuster to which I have a movie pass that lets me take 3 at a time. Episodes with Sigfried/Bernie Koppel were good hell they were all entertaining :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.