Call George Hovah To The Stand!

dbminter

Hear ye! Hear ye! The prosecution calls G. Hovah to the stand!

I had a bizarre but intriguing thought. What does one do if they call god to the stand in a court of a law? :ermm:

In the US, a person accused of something has the right to face his accusers, i.e. to see who it is who is laying charges against them. This got me to thinking about how some people have god persecutory complexes, so, it made me think of the concept of calling god himself to the stand in a court of law. To call G. Hovah to take the stand. Naturally, god isn't going to do it. So, could that be a way to "legally prove" that god does not exist? :lol:

Now, this rather facetious line of thinking, though, leads to an actual legal issue, IMO. If someone pressed it, the court MUST make a decision regarding the existence or not of god. Obviously, a person cannot call a witness that does not EXIST to take the stand. A person CAN, of course, call someone to take the stand, but, that called person does not have to show up and take it. So, what would the court do if someone DID call god to take the stand to examine a witness against him? If the court rules in contempt for the person who called god, they'd have to explain IF the decision was made because god does not exist and you cannot call a non-existent person. Then, you have a precedence of a court establishing god does not exist. But, does it then allow the person to call god to the stand, knowing full well that god won't? The court then can't stop someone from calling god to the stand, because that would also be establishing that god does not exist. The court must allow god to not attend of his own accord, which means, in essence, that the court has made it precedence that god does exist! =))

So, what's a court to do? I should call G. Hovah to the stand in court someday and see what happens. If only Darrow had done this! :wink: "I call GOD himself to the stand! Let's see if HE doesn't want us teaching evolution?"

Well, I can tell you ONE thing I'm not high on, as someone won't even acknowledge it... but, it ain't photos of the Cybermen action figure! =))

Let's see. Just to give people a laugh. I currently daily take 1 Atenolol for hypertension, 1 Celebrex for inflammation in the back, 2 Neurontin for neuropathy, and 4 Ultram for pain.

The answer you're probably looking for is the Celebrex. That supposedly makes its victims hyper. :w00tdance:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.