Verify fails at 0% when burning Bluray discs (Logs provided)

holygamer

I have an LG BH10LS38 Bluray burner that I bought from Amazon. I have the latest firmware (1.03 from November 16th 2013) installed from http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-BH10LS38. I use CMCMAG-BA3-000 discs (AAA cheapest discs available from here: http://www.optical-disc.co.uk/acatalog/BLU_RAY_25GB_Single_Layer_Discs.html

I've also tried all the other discs on that page. I'm burning at 4x which is the max speed that my discs support.

My problem is that verify can sometimes fail, I would say I get a 10% failure rate. When it fails it nearly always fails at 0%. Yet I can cancel verification and play the disc and it plays fine so the verify process seems to be buggy. I know it's not ImgBurn at fault, but still I need help!

In addition, on rare occasions after verification fails, the ImgBurn program will freeze and it won't let me eject the disc.

Sometimes after I OK the failed verification message, the disc won't eject and it says on the bottom of the window: Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices... Yet I can still see the drive in "My Computer". I either have to wait several minutes for the program to give me access or I have to restart my PC.

Things I've done to fix it that haven't worked

I have Virtual CloneDrive installed. In ImgBurn settings I changed the I/O interface to ElbyCDIO. I used to have a problem with a slow verify speed when burning 2 discs at once however using Virtual Clone Drive solved that issue but not the failed verification issue.

I found this in your FAQ page: You get an I/O Error saying 'The Parameter is incorrect'. Answer: In the settings screen, change the 'Transfer Length' option to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' and put it on '32 KB' instead of '64 KB'. I did that.

When in write mode I right-clicked on the drive drop down selection box and selected "Family tree". When you select Virtual Clone Drive as the IO then it will say no family tree information is available for this device. I assume that's correct.

I have downloaded your Enable_Debug_Mode.reg file and ran it so it should show more information in the logs.

Do you think it's the drive itself that's the problem or my system?

IOerror_zps5b6516de.png

FilterDriverLoadOrder_zps86b6f7da.png

1 Verify failed half way in Miscompare.txt

2 Verify failed at start IO error.txt

3 After 2 I removed the failed disc and inserted another disc but searching for Drive not found.txt

4 3rd time lucky it worked.log

5 Miscompare .log

6 Verify failed at start then when I tried to close the window, it froze and wouldn't let me eject the disc and took several minutes to close.txt

That 'The Parameter is incorrect' FAQ entry is nothing to do with your problem. Put it back on the auto setting, it's better that way.

Switch back to SPTI and then post the Family Tree info please. The program can only gather it when using SPTI and the 'Device Interface' enumeration method.

Try loading on the latest (12.9 currently) version of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software/driver and then give it another go.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23496&lang=eng

If that doesn't work uninstall it again and try the 10.8 version instead.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20768&lang=eng

No, that's the floppy disc one for when you install an OS from scratch.

It does give a description of what does what just a bit lower down on that page.

You want the 'SetupRST.exe' one.

The family tree info tells me you're running the standard driver that ships with the OS.

Otherwise it would look more like this...

---------------------------
ImgBurn
Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI iHAS624   B GL2A (M:) (ATAPI)

Family Tree:

-> ACPI x64-based PC
-> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
-> PCI bus
-> Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller (VEN_8086&DEV_1C02 - Intel - iaStor - v10.8.0.1003)
-> CD-ROM Drive (ATAPI iHAS624   B) (2)

OK   

You can probably just try and verify the same disc that errored out last time can't you?

I don't see that burning has anything to do with it.

You might still get an error, but hopefully it'll be from the drive and not from the OS / drivers. If you get the EXACT same error again ('The request could not be performed....'), try the 10.8 drivers.

OK 12.9 didn't work. Immediately on the first disc verify just paused at 0% for several hours. I had to end the process in task manager to close it.

I'm trying the 10.8 drivers now. Do I still use SPTI in the IO tab for that?

Also should I uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12.9?

Edited by holygamer

I tried to install 10.8 but it showed a popup message that said my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Is that normal?

I noticed that it's only compatible with Windows 7 32 bit and I have Windows 7 64-bit. Also what are the driver diskette zip files for?

I run 10.8 on Win 7 x64, so I know it works fine.

It could be that you need v11+ for your 7 series chipset though. My board is a 6 series.

The driver disks are for when you load additional drivers via the F6 key during the OS installation process. They do not apply to you.

Go back to 12.9 and try safe mode. Make sure you've installed the latest bios for your motherboard too.

I run 10.8 on Win 7 x64, so I know it works fine.

It could be that you need v11+ for your 7 series chipset though. My board is a 6 series.

The driver disks are for when you load additional drivers via the F6 key during the OS installation process. They do not apply to you.

Go back to 12.9 and try safe mode. Make sure you've installed the latest bios for your motherboard too.

I went back to 12.9 and I've also got the latest motherboard firmware installed. Safe Mode worked when I burned a few discs. However I don't have the time to wait all day to see if I get a failed burn because I can't use the internet or listen to music, etc while in safe mode - sometimes I can burn 30 discs without problems so it could take a long time. What were you hoping to find in Safe Mode?

On 12.9 in normal mode (not safe mode) I burned a disc and it worked but I'm sure it will fail at some point as it did before. In the mean time I've got 12.9 installed and I'm using Virtual Clone Drive as the I/O. Strangely 12.9 seems to be worse than without the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed at all as even when using Virtual Clone Drive as the I/O, it's causing the verify speed to slow down at random. Without the driver installed I never got that problem when using Virtual Clone Drive as the I/O.

What test could I do with Virtual Clone Drive? If I'm getting this failed verification problem when using Virtual Clone Drive as the I/O then doesn't that mean that the drive itself is faulty?

Just trying to understand all this, I'm not sure what to do now?

Edited by holygamer

I was hoping safe mode would bypass some drivers in the I/O chain and at least give you a proper error (direct from the drive) if it actually ran into a problem doing something.

FYI, Virtual Clone Drive is a program... what you actually mean is 'ElbyCDIO'. That's the driver you're using, not 'Virtual Clone Drive'. VCD just installs the ElbyCDIO driver.

Sorry, I don't know what's causing all these problems for you. I'd be tempted to backup your entire hdd (as an image with a proper hdd tool) somewhere and try a fresh reinstall of Windows. You can restore the image later if it's no different - at which point it's probably safe to assume it's a hardware issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.