CD Cue file question

a2zmom

Hi! Total newbie here.

I've read the how-to guide but I want to make sure I understand this so I don't waste a CD.

I have an complete album's worth of tracks sitting on my computer. I want to ensure the song and performer information is also copied over when I burn the tracks.

I plan to drag each track over to  the description box. When I do, I see that the performer and title is automatically filled in. If I then enable the "TAG" button for the CD will then write this information onto the CD?  Do I also need to click Tag/Tag under Default CD-TEXT(Disc/Track)

Selecting the 'TAG' option for a song will make the program use the performer/track name from the file's tag/metadata - assuming it's in a format it supports.

'TAG' is a per song option, but you can do it at 'Session' level to enable it for every track already in that session.

'TAG' at 'Disc' level just uses the album artist/name from the first file in the first session's tag/metadata.

Changing the 'Default' options does nothing for a disc you've already created a layout for, they'd just apply to discs you build in the future - like if you always want ImgBurn to use TAG/metadata info from files for CD-TEXT.

Once you've saved the CUE file, open it in notepad and you should see all of the track name/artist info in there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.